PDA

View Full Version : Bad quality prints, grey banding

Custom Search

jacanape
04-26-2019, 04:57 PM
Hi,

The prints from my Konica Minolta bizhub C552 exhibit a wide gray line on 5 cm from the bottom of the print in the course direction of the machine.
The thicker the paper, the darker the line.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how I fix this?

Thanks, Peter

allan
04-26-2019, 06:01 PM
Sure seen it a lot can identify it by the symptoms.
Condition is called techususgetusus and remedied by a dose of payatechusus.

Not a gambling man and no fixtures to look at(sample print or even what you have tried...) but would guess the odds is in favor of the transfer belt.

jacanape
04-27-2019, 10:30 AM

This is a scan of a print on 300grs paper.
Maybe this helps... ;-)

allan
04-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Looks like a combination of run down parts.

copyman
04-27-2019, 04:35 PM
The one pic looks like magenta and the other grey. Usually grey is waste toner. Agree with allan, start with transfer belt than drums/developer units.

It would really help if you would give more information, like consumable life counts, what you did so far, etc. It's a Saturday and not busy why I'm even replying. I had posted before if someone needs help and they won't at least provide life counts, what they did so far,etc. then I won't help them.
Providing pictures is great and a lot of help but some additional information is necessary, especially on quality issues which can be so many different things causing it.

jacanape
04-27-2019, 04:52 PM
The one pic looks like magenta and the other grey. Usually grey is waste toner. Agree with allan, start with transfer belt than drums/developer units.

It would really help if you would give more information, like consumable life counts, what you did so far, etc. It's a Saturday and not busy why I'm even replying. I had posted before if someone needs help and they won't at least provide life counts, what they did so far,etc.
Providing pictures is great and a lot of help but some additional information is necessary, especially on quality issues which can be so many different things causing it.

Ok , I Will send more info on monday. Thanks

Phil B.
04-27-2019, 05:21 PM

It would really help if you would give more information, like consumable life counts, what you did so far, etc. It's a Saturday and not busy why I'm even replying. I had posted before if someone needs help and they won't at least provide life counts, what they did so far,etc.

yeah.. seems hardly anyone gives life counts... work done... error codes....

that why a lot of threads go 15 -20 comments... " Pulling Teeth "

Phil B. " The Dentist "

jacanape
04-29-2019, 10:55 AM
yeah.. seems hardly anyone gives life counts... work done... error codes....

that why a lot of threads go 15 -20 comments... " Pulling Teeth "

Phil B. " The Dentist "

Hi Phil, thanks for the effort!

There is still no work done to solve the problem. There are no error codes.
The only thing I did was cleaning the transfer roller and the corona's with the cleaning rods.
The correct pic I have sent was the gray one. (the other was magenta after scanning in colormode...) So there is no color in the smudged lines on the print.
The problem arises especially for printing on thick paper (250-300 grm)...

tsbservice
04-29-2019, 01:17 PM
If the bands are in parallel with paper feeding direction I would start by stopping A3 paper in machine to eliminate fuser. If fuser is OK next thing to check is your K drum(it's due replacement) and/or TBU.

jacanape
04-29-2019, 01:27 PM
If the bands are in parallel with paper feeding direction I would start by stopping A3 paper in machine to eliminate fuser. If fuser is OK next thing to check is your K drum(it's due replacement) and/or TBU.

Hi,

What do you mean by "stopping A3 paper"?

Sorry, my language is Dutch, so I don't always understand the meaning. Google translate makes a mess of it... :-)

tsbservice
04-29-2019, 01:36 PM
Just make copy/print on A3, it's longer and easy to stop it(for enduser) partly in fuser by opening machine door.
Next you can examine jammed paper, this is basic print quality troubleshooting.

copyman
04-29-2019, 01:44 PM
You posted you cleaned the transfer roller. What did you use to clean the roller? Did cleaning make it worse? Those bands not in direction of paper feed would be caused by something like the transfer roller, etc.

jacanape
04-29-2019, 01:48 PM
You posted you cleaned the transfer roller. What did you use to clean the roller? Did cleaning make it worse? Those bands not in direction of paper feed would be caused by something like the transfer roller, etc.

I cleaned the roller with offset glaze remover. The cloth was black after cleaning. Cleaning did make it al little bit better, but not for long...
The bands are in direction of paperfeed.

jacanape
04-29-2019, 02:05 PM
Just make copy/print on A3, it's longer and easy to stop it(for enduser) partly in fuser by opening machine door.
Next you can examine jammed paper, this is basic print quality troubleshooting.

OK so I did that. The paper that comes out of the fuser on the upper side has banding, the lower side has none.
I also made pictures of the K drum, maybe this helps...?

Bix
04-29-2019, 03:09 PM
Sorry it's not very clear.
Before entering the fuser how is it?
If it is clean before entering the fuser, then it is the fuser.

jacanape
04-29-2019, 04:02 PM
Sorry it's not very clear.
Before entering the fuser how is it?
If it is clean before entering the fuser, then it is the fuser.

So to be on the same page... see pic below.
The smudged banding appearce on the side where the paper comes out of the fuser.
This means the fuser has to be replaced? Al the other parts are OK then? Belt - drum - ...

Hansoon
04-30-2019, 07:21 AM
jacanape, in your own language: Zoek een techneut met ervaring. Dit is niets voor een beginner.

Hans

jacanape
04-30-2019, 09:07 AM
jacanape, in your own language: Zoek een techneut met ervaring. Dit is niets voor een beginner.

Hans

Hallo Hans...
Elke techneut was toch ook ooit ervaringloze beginner?!

Ik dacht dat er niets mis was met mensen die interesse hebben... en daarbij van nature ook nog handig zijn...

Bix
04-30-2019, 11:23 AM
Hi, I understand.

However no one is born learned. If you have a similar printer, you could try and verify the replacement of the various pieces.

If it's the fuser for you, start with that one.

allan
04-30-2019, 09:51 PM

Hans

Hehe that is funny i can read that without translation.
Imagine how confusing my first post must have been.

If the drum looks that toast every thing else must be close to toast.

Here is the Afrikaans version:
Gaan soek n tegnikus met ervaring. Hierdie is nie vir n beginer nie.
My advies is om die handleiding te lees.
Ons mors met jou, moet ons nie te erinstig op neem nie maar hier gaan jy pak slae kry as jy nie mooite doen om jou self te help nie.
Of meer direk. Hou op rond doner en betaal iemand wat weet wat hy doen.

My taal is ook van n germaanse herkoms.

jacanape
05-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Hehe that is funny i can read that without translation.
Imagine how confusing my first post must have been.

If the drum looks that toast every thing else must be close to toast.

Here is the Afrikaans version:
Gaan soek n tegnikus met ervaring. Hierdie is nie vir n beginer nie.
My advies is om die handleiding te lees.
Ons mors met jou, moet ons nie te erinstig op neem nie maar hier gaan jy pak slae kry as jy nie mooite doen om jou self te help nie.
Of meer direk. Hou op rond doner en betaal iemand wat weet wat hy doen.

My taal is ook van n germaanse herkoms.

Ah South Africa...? Ik dacht dat je van een andere planeet was, zo met die spitse oren en dat verrimpeld gezicht... :p

Custom Search