PDA

View Full Version : Konica C35

Custom Search

SBenda
04-27-2019, 07:07 PM
Hello,

I was recently gifted a Konica Bizhub C35 after the person didn't want to pay the service fee to fix it. It says paper jam detected but it doesn't even sound like it is trying to feed paper. I open close the right door and it clears for half a second and then says the same thing. I tried removing the trays but it keeps saying clear the misfeed. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Phil B.
04-27-2019, 07:29 PM
Hello, I was recently gifted a Konica Bizhub C35 after the person didn't want to pay the service fee to fix it. It says paper jam detected but it doesn't even sound like it is trying to feed paper. I open close the right door and it clears for half a second and then says the same thing. I tried removing the trays but it keeps saying clear the misfeed. Any ideas?
Thanks!

sounds like a stuck/broken sensor...

or maybe..

a piece of paper jammed in a sensor...

we need to know JAME CODE

what was done that the customer didn't want to pay for.. (were repairs even done?)

SBenda
04-27-2019, 07:32 PM
Sorry....no jam code. At least nothing displayed. It says "Misfeed was detected, Remove the paper". The machine was never serviced. When they called for service they didn't want to pay the $150~ dollars for them to come out. The technician they talked to made it sound like it would be a simple fix maybe needing one part. But I don't know enough about Konica's to know what the common problems are on these machines.

copyman
04-27-2019, 08:34 PM
First I wouldn't consider a Bizhub C35 a gift. Usually "gifting" a BizHub C35 is for people you don't like:cool:

Anyway agree with the other poster, probably a hung up sensor, or still a small piece of paper blocking sensor. Not sure you are going to be able to avoid a service call. Perhaps try and find an independent service person instead of a dealer or OEM, the rate for Indy would be closer to $100. But I'm sure the rate changes according to location. Generally an Indy will be less.

Unless you want to look on internet for service manual, it will show where all the sensors are in machine and you can check each one. Also in the service mode you can check the sensors. I would not advise an end user to enter service mode but what do you have to lose as machine was "gifted" to you.

Good luck

SBenda
04-27-2019, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the input guys. It was actually the sensor actuator behind the transfer roller. The spring had come off so the actuator wasn't hitting the sensor. Thanks! :D

Phil B.
04-27-2019, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the input guys. It was actually the sensor actuator behind the transfer roller. The spring had come off so the actuator wasn't hitting the sensor. Thanks! :D

most likely spot coming from paper feed > paper transfer > reg etc...

glad you got it fixed!

how about showing some love to the techs that gave you advise... increases our rep points..like or thank or even the star .. and give approval..

thanks

Custom Search