PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C360 freezes up when attached to network cable.

Custom Search

JimmyT
04-28-2019, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone,

So few months ago I have this C360 where it freezes up after I plugged in network cable. It usually takes around 5 - 10minutes.

It basically display main copy screen, and no buttons or touch screen is functioning.

also when the network cable is disconnected, it functions with no problem at all.

Originally I thought there is something wrong with the access point connected to the machine, so I exchanged that. It worked, until last Friday.

Any idea? The machine had been running for 2 years with no issue until now. If anything, there is a change in machine physical location when the problem first pops up.

blackcat4866
04-28-2019, 02:40 PM
Very likely, some kind of non-print data is hitting your printers IP. The hard part is that is nearly impossible to find the source ... literally anywhere on the network. The simplest solution is to change the printers IP address, then one at a time change the port at each print driver. The data that is offending your C360 will still be out there, but it won't matter, since it's not coming to the printer. =^..^=

allan
04-28-2019, 11:42 PM
Also try changing network speed setting from auto to 100mbs.
Connect a laptop to it and check.
Have had switches that would cause KM machines to lock up.

copier tech
04-29-2019, 10:19 AM
Is the copier on DHCP or static?

BaconSteve
04-29-2019, 12:02 PM
Some good suggestions already offered by others. If all else fails, you may have a POE (power over ethernet) issue. It is a known issue that can definitely cause strange lock-ups and such. You can order a POE injector (Amazon) adaptor and install it. It will actually eliminate the problem if you only connect the ethernet part only without adding a power adaptor. It’s actually the opposite of what it’s designed for.

allan
04-30-2019, 10:09 PM
Some good suggestions already offered by others. If all else fails, you may have a POE (power over ethernet) issue. It is a known issue that can definitely cause strange lock-ups and such. You can order a POE injector (Amazon) adaptor and install it. It will actually eliminate the problem if you only connect the ethernet part only without adding a power adaptor. It’s actually the opposite of what it’s designed for.

Mmm that explains some of my previous problems i had.
So would it not help to simply cut the fly lead wires that goes to pin 4 and 5 on the RJ-45 connector?

BaconSteve
04-30-2019, 10:18 PM
Allan,

Well, I couldn’t say if that would work or not. Logically, if those are in fact the wires that carry the POE voltage, it seems like it SHOULD work. I will say though that I’m not a fan of that approach. I don’t care for the idea of cutting into the cable and cutting out the problem wires but that’s not to say it wouldn’t work. Desperate times call for desperate measures :-)

Terna247
05-06-2019, 11:45 PM
Seen that before, replaced the modules(memory) and was good. Try that.

JimmyT
08-19-2019, 04:07 AM
Hi everyone,

Apologies for the late (rather very late) reply. Turns out after I have replaced with a Wifi access point (which acts as wireless client for the machine) and a network cable. The problem seem to have go away by itself, as so far the machine has yet to freeze up any more

Edit: I've also replaced the power cord as well though I'm not sure if it's related.

Custom Search