PDA

View Full Version : need FTP Utility 2.0

Custom Search

ck1
04-30-2019, 10:18 AM
Hello , Anybody have FTP Utility 2.0 to downloan ?

Toxic
04-30-2019, 01:39 PM
I have v1.0

guitar9199
04-30-2019, 03:01 PM
I (https://ftp-utility.software.informer.com/)nformation I'm seeing says V2 is not available as of yet.

allan
04-30-2019, 11:40 PM
Always used the one from software.informer.
What is different on V2 why do you need that version?

srvctec
05-01-2019, 10:38 PM
I wasn't aware a V2 was even available or in the works, for that matter (the original hasn't been updated in well over a decade, AFAIK).

The only change I wish they would make would be to make it so you could input a host name vs. IP only. Then, we wouldn't have to go on service calls because Windows did an update and set the PC back to DHCP, thereby rendering the FTP Utility useless when the PC is a whole different IP than what the software was set up for.

allan
05-01-2019, 10:52 PM
I wasn't aware a V2 was even available or in the works, for that matter (the original hasn't been updated in well over a decade, AFAIK).

The only change I wish they would make would be to make it so you could input a host name vs. IP only. Then, we wouldn't have to go on service calls because Windows did an update and set the PC back to DHCP, thereby rendering the FTP Utility useless when the PC is a whole different IP than what the software was set up for.

On networks with name resolution it works with no problem, not much to do with the app more to do with the machine being able to find the right ftp host.
So you can use FTP with host names.

srvctec
05-01-2019, 10:58 PM
On networks with name resolution it works with no problem, not much to do with the app more to do with the machine being able to find the right ftp host.
So you can use FTP with host names.We've never been successful getting FTP Utility to work when a hostname is input in the one touch.

allan
05-02-2019, 01:07 AM
We've never been successful getting FTP Utility to work when a hostname is input in the one touch.

Depends if there is a local DNS server on the network and the machine is setup to use it.

abbasly.tech
05-02-2019, 10:01 AM
FTP utility ver2. is only available to download at KM japan website.

abbasly.tech
05-02-2019, 10:09 AM
複合機/複写機:FTP Utilityのダウンロード – ダウンロード – ビジネスソリューション | コニカミノルタ (https://www.konicaminolta.jp/business/download/copiers/utility/ftp_utility/index.html)

allan
05-02-2019, 11:18 AM
複合機/複写機:FTP Utilityのダウンロード – ダウンロード – ビジネスソリューション | コニカミノルタ (https://www.konicaminolta.jp/business/download/copiers/utility/ftp_utility/index.html)

Downloads and installs ok. My Japanese reading sucks bad today.
English ver would be nice.

See that the setup has more option. What is the difference from V1.0?

BaconSteve
05-02-2019, 01:37 PM
Hey guys, for what it’s worth... I’ve been using FileZilla FTP for years without any problems. It’s easy to install and configure. There is a client and a server version but you ONLY NEED THE SERVER version. It’s easy to find, and it’s FREE.

ck1
05-03-2019, 09:44 AM
Downloads and installs ok. My Japanese reading sucks bad today.
English ver would be nice.

See that the setup has more option. What is the difference from V1.0?
got any software can use for konicaminolta scan FTP due to some PC cant use FTP utility .

JR2ALTA
05-03-2019, 12:02 PM
got any software can use for konicaminolta scan FTP due to some PC cant use FTP utility .

Look right above you.

darry1322
05-03-2019, 12:52 PM

I've seen this one get recommended before. Loads and sets up pretty easily.

Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Lite (http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/quick__n_easy_ftp_server_lite.html)

srvctec
05-03-2019, 09:47 PM
Depends if there is a local DNS server on the network and the machine is setup to use it.

Still a no go when there is a local DNS server and the machine is set up to use it, and we've spent a LOT of time trying to get it to work with host name over the years.

allan
05-03-2019, 11:29 PM
The windows ftp server is also not to bad to use.

BaconSteve
05-04-2019, 12:50 AM
Typesoft is another free easy to use and find ftp server that plays well with Windows. Is the issue that you have to scan to hostname? DNS can be fickle on some networks. Any IT person worth their salt can create an ip reservation for the host PC so that you don’t have to set a static ip on the PC or scan to hostname. Then use any of the previously mentioned FTP programs and set your scan destination on your MFP to scan to the reserved ip.

Custom Search