PDA

View Full Version : giving C754e series fusing units a new lease on life

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
05-02-2019, 11:03 AM
This wasn't forced on me, I am not questioned about replacing entire fusing units, but I like doing this as its lighter to carry around when walking long distances :cool:

This is only worthwhile on low volume machines, machines whose pressure roller is destroyed prematurely or you cant be bothered rebuilding / lubricating a squealing cleaner brush / roller / ground contact.

The job takes about 15 minutes.

Frame pressurisation assy A2x0R73000, its retail price is about 30% cheaper than a whole fuser so decide yourself what's worth your time. Of course you can get the cleaning roller etc by themselves but its more involved, this is the only option other than a complete fusing unit if the pressure roller is also turning to crap.

Example of fuser rebuilt today and a picture of the new assy. This fuser was in a low volume 654e with 170k from new, the cleaning roller and brush were toast along with its bushings too. It was screaming. (lots of idle time)

allan
05-02-2019, 11:45 AM
When the cleaning roller bushing goes I just remove the entire assembly and wait for the fuser roller to crap out.
Found a guy here that rebuilds the entire fuser for you with all new rollers, bearings and bushings including the cleaning roller.
Impressed with the rebuilt product and well worth it.
Will cost you half of the originals cost.

You have been missing on the KM forum for some time. Good to see you posting.

tsbservice
05-02-2019, 12:25 PM
I concur with allan.
More than often my search for problems at CTN ends with EarthKmTech posts-very helpful, very knowledgeable.

tulintron
05-02-2019, 01:38 PM
This wasn't forced on me, I am not questioned about replacing entire fusing units, but I like doing this as its lighter to carry around when walking long distances :cool:

This is only worthwhile on low volume machines, machines whose pressure roller is destroyed prematurely or you cant be bothered rebuilding / lubricating a squealing cleaner brush / roller / ground contact.

Frame pressurisation assy A2x0R73000, its retail price is about 30% cheaper than a whole fuser so decide yourself what's worth your time. Of course you can get the cleaning roller etc by themselves but its more involved, this is the only option other than a complete fusing unit if the pressure roller is also turning to crap.

Example of fuser rebuilt today and a picture of the new assy. This fuser was in a low volume 654e with 170k from new, the cleaning roller and brush were toast along with its bushings too. It was screaming. (lots of idle time)

42496Here in the company, we change bushings, roller and belt. The result is surprising at a very interesting cost.

We observe over time that without the cleaning brush, the pressure roller increases its useful life.

But only for low volume equipment.

Brett GS
05-02-2019, 07:35 PM
When the cleaning roller bushing goes I just remove the entire assembly and wait for the fuser roller to crap out.
Found a guy here that rebuilds the entire fuser for you with all new rollers, bearings and bushings including the cleaning roller.

Hi Allan
Where do you get the rebuilds from?

allan
05-02-2019, 11:02 PM
Hi Allan
Where do you get the rebuilds from?

PM me tomorrow so i can remember get the number for you. Not working for KM dealer anymore need to ask a guy there for the number.

EarthKmTech
05-03-2019, 12:32 AM

Sales in my region have been utterly insane, much of last year and early this year I have been working 7 days a week helping out assemble new product. KM is experiencing some explosive growth, finally our decent machines are being recognised for what they are. Back to normal for the time being - no more night terrors waking up thinking about copiers :cool:

blackcat4866
05-03-2019, 12:42 AM
.... Back to normal for the time being - no more night terrors waking up thinking about copiers :cool:

Welcome back! =^..^=

copyman
05-03-2019, 05:07 AM
I just posted a few weeks ago about having success rebuilding a C454 fuser with Belt & roller. Was easier than I thought and much easier than the C253! The C224 is pretty much the same.

Been using aftermarket brush & clean rollers in the C654/C754 for the last few years. Work great and keeps them quiet at idle, well almost:D

srvctec
05-03-2019, 10:00 PM

Good to see you back!! Well, did you at least fix the ADF jamming issue while you were there? ;)

EarthKmTech
05-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Good to see you back!! Well, did you at least fix the ADF jamming issue while you were there? ;)

Haha, yes, there was a lump of what appeared to be silicone caulking inside, no idea how it ended up in there.

Custom Search