PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C6500 Error code C-4520

Custom Search

tulintron
05-02-2019, 05:46 PM
Good afternoon everyone
Bizhub C6500 Error code C-4520

When I perform the adjustment in the (Service Mode-Machine Adjustment-Color Adjustment Auto Adj.), It responds OK.

After Color Registration ok, if it runs on the touch panel (Adjustment-Execute Adjust Operation-Color Registration), it responds to C-4520.

After turning on the printer, after running Auto Adjust, responds to C-4520

I have already performed PRCB exchange and updates.

Any tip will be welcome.

Thank you all.

tulintron
05-02-2019, 08:36 PM
42501Image generated by Color Registration during adjustment.Colors aligned. Setting ends Ok.
When set after power on, C-4520
When adjusting after operator adjustment, C-4520

Woxner
05-02-2019, 11:05 PM
did you clean the color registration sensors? Also if the drums and dev are over due this will happen.

tulintron
05-03-2019, 12:35 PM
did you clean the color registration sensors? Also if the drums and dev are over due this will happen.Cleaned and replaced sensors. Parts used, but with quality and on time.

tulintron
05-03-2019, 01:04 PM
The strange thing is that when I set the service mode, the setting is complete and it works normally.
Only when it does the auto adjustment, it presents the error. Transfer Belt aligned and in good condition,
developers, new crowns, IC Unit replaced, PRCB replaced, printing quality within the proposed.

blackcat4866
05-03-2019, 09:07 PM
Does the solenoid open up the shutter far enough? I had two machines side-by-each in which I swapped the color registration sensor assys, so I knew the unit was faulty even though all the sensors were new and calibrated properly.

Eventually I noticed that when I manually operated the shutter solenoid, the shutter only opened only about half way. The whole assy is just sheet metal, so I did a little mechanical tweaking on the brackets, so the shutter opened up the full opening, then calibrated again. =^..^=

methogod
05-05-2019, 07:49 AM
I have had this when the cleaning unit is due for replacement, the seals are failing and kicking up a abnormal amount of toner right into the reg. sensors. you clean and it works in service because the adjustment tolerance is higher (i believe)....

tulintron
05-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Thank you Blackcat and Methogod for giving me answers.

Blackcat, the IC sensor unit has already been replaced, calibrated and, as has been said,
the Color Regsitration Adj. ends successfully at any time I run.
Only Auto Adj. does not end ok, either when power on or after a number of printed pages.

Methogod, after your post I decided to change the cleaning unit to test. I have dis equipment side by side. No different results.
When Color Registration Adj. okay, I believe this final value will be saved for future parameters in future registry settings.

After firmware update Version 60, sensor calibration, change of dipsw 23 and executed Color Registration Adj. end ok When power on, error 4520 occurs.

Thanks for all

methogod
05-07-2019, 01:11 AM
swap transfer belts with other machine and test...

see if its completes....

Process Unit Close easily?
Belt drive well? Seen the mesh gear start to fail...

IN my mind if both reg assy are not causing the failure then its something else... deeper.

Dropbox - 6501 C4520.pdf - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4l9ultrkvsbpnm/6501%20C4520.pdf?dl=0)

tulintron
05-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Thanks Methogod for the help. And thank you to the others who have helped so far.

I'm going to dismantle a machine that is operating and I'm going to put some part of this problem machine until I find the cause.

All items were checked, according to knowledge, documentation and experiences in the field.

Coming soon with feed back

tech51
05-07-2019, 08:39 PM
I had an old 6500 that had this code.

Did everything you have done but was still no good.

Then I found out you could suppress the code by setting a dip switch ( can’t remember which one. Sorry).

The machine ran the last year of its contract like this with no issue with colour registration.

And before anyone asks, it was in a print shop with a particularly fussy operator so any issues would have shown up quite quickly.

tulintron
05-07-2019, 08:50 PM
I had an old 6500 that had this code.

Did everything you have done but was still no good.

Then I found out you could suppress the code by setting a dip switch ( can’t remember which one. Sorry).

The machine ran the last year of its contract like this with no issue with colour registration.

And before anyone asks, it was in a print shop with a particularly fussy operator so any issues would have shown up quite quickly.Exact. Dipsw 25-3 to ON. However, my goal is to solve the problem. With this key enabled, you would not perform the self-tuning periodically. The goal now is normal functioning and discovering the cause while I have time.

But I appreciate your help.

tech51
05-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Exact. Dipsw 25-3 to ON. However, my goal is to solve the problem. With this key enabled, you would not perform the self-tuning periodically. The goal now is normal functioning and discovering the cause while I have time.

But I appreciate your help.

Fair enough. I admire your persistence on such an old piece of kit.

The c6500 is long gone on my area but I do appreciate other parts of the world still have to deal with them.

I wish you the best of luck with it.

tulintron
05-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Fair enough. I admire your persistence on such an old piece of kit.

The c6500 is long gone on my area but I do appreciate other parts of the world still have to deal with them.

I wish you the best of luck with it.
Here in Brazil we already have Accurio 3070, but Bizhub C6500 was not commercialized in Brazil. We import enough equipment like this and put it on the field here. With the political and economic crisis that we are experiencing, many clients still have not shown the courage to renovate their graphic park.

With this, we still find many printers working.

I, persistent in solving defects, still have time to fight against this 4520. If my time runs out, I will have to offer another resource.

Desert Rat
05-10-2019, 04:24 AM
I think at this point, I would dig into the drum drive. I've cleaned these gears to keep them running smooth. May be they are worn?
How many total prints on these machines?
Have you tried the manual registration program? At least have a look at the prints from that program to see if thing are really off.

Just a thought

DR

tulintron
05-10-2019, 01:31 PM
I think at this point, I would dig into the drum drive. I've cleaned these gears to keep them running smooth. May be they are worn?
How many total prints on these machines?
Have you tried the manual registration program? At least have a look at the prints from that program to see if thing are really off.

Just a thought

DRTotal counter - 1,500K
Kit 200K - 60k (43%)
Drum's - 60K (45%)
Developer's -60K (45%)
Charge Coronas - 60K (72%)

Ran the Color Registration Manual and finished OK.

Although, I believe this setting is for copying only.
In this case, the client is only printing. Do not copy.

On the C6500P, this setting is not available.

Desert Rat
05-14-2019, 03:05 PM
I have had to use the "Recall standard Data" from time to time also.
Please keep us informed. I still have a couple of these out there also.

Dr

tulintron
05-14-2019, 09:48 PM
I have had to use the "Recall standard Data" from time to time also.
Please keep us informed. I still have a couple of these out there also.

DrOkay. Notice when you solve.

In fact, the plates were all changed.
OACB-IPB-PRCB-DCPS1-DCPS2- IC Unit- Firmware.

I also mounted these same parts on another C6500, to discard possibilities of some wire or connector.

It's going to be difficult, but I'm going to try to convince the customer to change the 100k, 200k, drums and developers kit.

Any news, notice here.

Thank you all.

tulintron
05-20-2019, 01:43 PM
Good morning everyone. I will close this request for help. The customer decided to change equipment after requesting the PM kits.

Thank you all for your help. This forum is awesome!

blackcat4866
05-20-2019, 01:47 PM
Hopefully you didn't get stuck with an armload of obsolete parts. But its a good thing to get that old beast out of the field. =^..^=

tulintron
05-20-2019, 06:59 PM
Hopefully you didn't get stuck with an armload of obsolete parts. But its a good thing to get that old beast out of the field. =^..^=It will turn into a beautiful maintenance table. Hehehe.

Obrigaod for helping!

Custom Search