PDA

View Full Version : B227 drum units not running yeild

Custom Search

Brett GS
05-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Hi all
Anyone else sitting with B227 drum units that dont run yeild?
I have had a few that bearly get 20k,have replaced drum,dev unit and transfer roller at the same time but still the drum wears on the edges.
All original KM parts.

copier addict
05-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Our experience has been getting yield but no more. With the transfer roller, instead of a corona, they wear faster.

qbert69
05-02-2019, 10:42 PM
Our experience has been getting yield but no more. With the transfer roller, instead of a corona, they wear faster.I know on Kyoceras they have rubber charge rollers that get nasty with paper dust. Over time they will degrade from the oxidizing ozone & eventually get high voltage bubble/pop/arc spots in the rubber. Life on the charge rollers is generally 80k & at best 120k. Their amorphous silicon drums are supposed to last to 600k!!! Weak point is the charge rollers without a doubt!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

allan
05-02-2019, 10:57 PM
Check it the metal guide on the transfer roller assy is not bent.

allan
05-02-2019, 10:58 PM
Our experience has been getting yield but no more. With the transfer roller, instead of a corona, they wear faster.

If the machine runs good volume you can get 400K on a drum.

copier addict
05-03-2019, 01:22 PM
If the machine runs good volume you can get 400K on a drum.

That is quite true for the C360 and 4 series. The 8 and 7 series machines, high or low volume, get to yield or a bit over and then lines develop.
KonMin wasn't selling enough drums so they went to the charge roller design so they would fail sooner and thus sell more drums.

allan
05-03-2019, 05:09 PM
True for the color machines yes but this b/w box rocks and makes real good yield on volumes.

CompyTech
05-03-2019, 06:34 PM
That is quite true for the C360 and 4 series. The 8 and 7 series machines, high or low volume, get to yield or a bit over and then lines develop.
KonMin wasn't selling enough drums so they went to the charge roller design so they would fail sooner and thus sell more drums.

I think there is some truth to this as well. I know we've had some low volume 4e machines come back out of the field after three years or so and never had to change a drum. They should offer replaceable charger units.

Custom Search