PDA

View Full Version : BH C654 FS-534 finsher skew

Custom Search

blazebusiness
05-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Skewed paper output when the eject unit fingers are misaligned, normally can be fixed by moving them back into aligned position and does not frequently reoccur.
Have one unit that goes out of alignment more often. Question:

What causes the fingers to go out of alignment? Both are driven by the same motor/shaft. The belts slipping could do this I guess but they seem fine. 42537

tsbservice
05-07-2019, 04:35 PM
Do search here for: FS-534 alignment plate wearing
You will find some interesting posts.

blazebusiness
05-07-2019, 04:43 PM
Do search here for: FS-534 alignment plate wearing
You will find some interesting posts.
Thanks for replying. I am aware of the alignment plate wearing issue........ this issue is for the eject unit pulleys/fingers misalignment and ideas as to what causes it. Completely unrelated to those worn alignment plate issues.

allan
05-07-2019, 05:10 PM
Like you said they are driven together. Have you removed the belt to check the inside on them and the pulleys? Looks ok?
Even if bushings wear the belt tension can drop.

blazebusiness
05-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Like you said they are driven together. Have you removed the belt to check the inside on them and the pulleys? Looks ok?
Even if bushings wear the belt tension can drop.Something certainly seems to be slipping......if clean/lube doesn't resolve it, guess I'll replace the individual parts....looking at my parts catalog , don't think Konica sells the entire eject unit.

tech51
05-07-2019, 06:43 PM
Something certainly seems to be slipping......if clean/lube doesn't resolve it, guess I'll replace the individual parts....looking at my parts catalog , don't think Konica sells the entire eject unit.
The eject unit comes as an assembly complete with motors etc.
Incidentally the one in the picture looks quite worn. We also have had cracks appearing in them which causes all sorts of issues.

tsbservice
05-07-2019, 07:01 PM
Thanks for replying. I am aware of the alignment plate wearing issue........ this issue is for the eject unit pulleys/fingers misalignment and ideas as to what causes it. Completely unrelated to those worn alignment plate issues.

Sorry for that, my bad.

Something certainly seems to be slipping......if clean/lube doesn't resolve it, guess I'll replace the individual parts....looking at my parts catalog , don't think Konica sells the entire eject unit.

Looking in FS534 manual shows this as whole unit: A3EPPPDE03 Ejector Unit

blackcat4866
05-07-2019, 07:29 PM
There are no less than (6) bulletins changing that eject assy. Order the assy and be done with it. =^..^=

blazebusiness
05-07-2019, 07:44 PM
There are no less than (6) bulletins changing that eject assy. Order the assy and be done with it. =^..^=
Sounds like good advice-----thanks to all for the replies.

rrrohan
05-08-2019, 08:59 AM
my theory is users are putting hand in to grab paper instead of waiting for it to eject and one finger smacks into their hand and put its timing off compared to the other one.

allan
05-08-2019, 01:58 PM
my theory is users are putting hand in to grab paper instead of waiting for it to eject and one finger smacks into their hand and put its timing off compared to the other one.

So we need to electrify those fingers. 9kV should alter there behavior. :rolleyes:

Custom Search