PDA

View Full Version : Black line C258

Custom Search

Bix
05-07-2019, 05:47 PM
hi, today I found a strange call.

the customer signals me a black line on his bizhub c258. The printer has only 60k and this seems a little strange to me.

The sign is perfectly linear and always in the same point. Sometimes it is more evident sometimes a little lighter. I found a toner line in the metal part of the belt roller. I cleaned without result.

It happens both in color and black and white prints. The surface of the black drum does not seem to have signs, as soon as I extracted I found a white dot that I removed but did not solve the problem.

The calibration is unfortunately not worked.
Some idea?

tsbservice
05-07-2019, 06:36 PM
I would crash stop machine during copy/print to see where is the black line. It looks like K drum has small scratch, or its cleaning blade fails. Check for small piles of toner/developer along dev unit, TBU etc. Good luck.

tech51
05-07-2019, 06:51 PM
Well if it’s done 60k and not had a k drum, chances are it will need one.

Have you run the halftone test patterns in tech rep yet?

That should point you you in the right direction.

copyman
05-07-2019, 06:51 PM
If you run single colors in test mode and no lines on the 3 colors then only thing it could be is K drum. It use to be easy to confirm this by swapping K drum & chip with a color drum, but now the chips are riveted in.

Think you are going to find it is the K drum.

copier addict
05-07-2019, 08:07 PM
If the black drum has reached it yield there is a 99.99% chance the drum is at fault.

tsbservice
05-07-2019, 08:25 PM
At 60k I highly doubt that K drum is due(by any count), but yet it seems most likely at fault.

tech51
05-07-2019, 08:30 PM
At 60k I highly doubt that K drum is due(by any count), but yet it seems most likely at fault.
It’s not a question of copies but how many minutes the drum has run. Don’t forget that stabilisation etc rotates the drums/devs but doesn’t produce a copy.
I once had a c550 that was used mainly for scanning and the occasional print, wore out image units due to stabilisation, not printing.

darry1322
05-07-2019, 08:50 PM
I replaced a C308 black drum last week for a similar problem. Drum surface looked beautiful, but the new drum cleared it right up.

tsbservice
05-07-2019, 08:55 PM
Yeah, long time ago I heard about drums rotations time, cars oil change based not on mileage but on actual usage/idling/driving conditions etc. Still can't believe that in this case K drum is due by any count.

tech51
05-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Yeah, long time ago I heard about drums rotations time, cars oil change based not on mileage but on actual usage/idling/driving conditions etc. Still can't believe that in this case K drum is due by any count.
My experience is that these drums are highly unpredictable.

I’ve had them fail at at 50% life before now yet some go past life, go figure!

We are starting to use the long life drums that are available now but it’s to early to tell how much of an improvement they are.

allan
05-07-2019, 09:11 PM
I replaced a C308 black drum last week for a similar problem. Drum surface looked beautiful, but the new drum cleared it right up.

Something on the charge roller?

If that is the case i will have a wack at cleaning it.

darry1322
05-07-2019, 09:21 PM

Charge roller was clean and pristine as well.

tsbservice
05-07-2019, 09:47 PM
My experience is that these drums are highly unpredictable.

I’ve had them fail at at 50% life before now yet some go past life, go figure!

We are starting to use the long life drums that are available now but it’s to early to tell how much of an improvement they are.

I can't pretend to be KM expert by any means, and seems from what I have read that you knowing Bizhubs to the bones. Luckily, I had no premature wear on 8 series drums but that issue is known to me and sharing your experience on new long life drums will be nice.

allan
05-07-2019, 11:02 PM
Charge roller was clean and pristine as well.

Mag roller?

Bix it looks like there could be a repeating pattern were the line goes from fat to thin on that sample can you get a measurement of that?

Bix
05-07-2019, 11:13 PM
Heck, I've forgotten patterns. Indeed they could tighten for the solution of the problem.

I will try with the replacement of the K drum. I have many series 8 and the drum has always almost respected his life. This could be one of the first cases. In any case, the printer at 2 years then the drum could be aged (?) I keep you updated

Switch from thin to thick and vice versa between 5-10 pages

darry1322
05-07-2019, 11:20 PM
Mag roller?

Mag roller on mine was great.
At first I checked the fuser. All good there.
Then I checked the drum. Looks good.
Finally pulled the dev unit. Perfect.
Since it looked like a drum issue I just replaced the drum and went back to great copies.

Bix may have a different issue. I'm simply saying that a drum or charge roller may look great but still be bad.

blackcat4866
05-08-2019, 12:12 AM

Did you see the repetitive defect at ~24mm? Jip, primary charge. But don't try to clean it. It will get a lot worse. =^..^=

Bix
05-13-2019, 11:13 AM
Hi, here's an update.

Today I replaced it with a black drum.

Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. I did the patterns printing and the line appears in all colors.

I pulled the strap out, it looks good but manually turning I noticed that it leaves a slight strip. In fact, after making it turn manually, I made 5-10 prints and the line did not appear, only to appear again.

Maybe there's something inside the belt cleaning blade. I will try to replace it. What do you think?4257642577

Bix
05-15-2019, 01:11 PM
Solved :)

Cleaning blade did not clean at one point. There was a small groove in the transfer belt. replaced :D

Custom Search