PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous White Toner Filters in Konica Minolta bizhub 454e

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
05-08-2019, 10:11 PM
We have a Konica Minolta bizhub 454e out in the field. In regards to the white toner filter, we have noticed that in 2 months it can turn a pristine white toner filter all black with toner. We have an internal debate here on whether this is normal or not. Could you wonderful people please comment on your experiences with how long it should take to fill a toner filter and/or what would be considered an abnormal amount of toner in a set amount of time for a bizhub 454e toner filter? Thank you in advance!

srvctec
05-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Well, that's a loaded question. Kind of like asking how many pages can I get out of a toner bottle. Same thing applies here. If the prints/copies are high coverage per page, then yes it would get the toner filter filled up pretty fast. If the bulk of prints/copies are 6% B/W ratio, then I would think the filter wouldn't get that dirty. In the field, I never check that filter until I change it at PM time. It's dirty then but I'd expect that.

Synthohol
depends on the machines environment and fill rate.
if the coverage is high then the normal toner misting will likely be heavier.
and/or if the consumables are old it will use more toner and shmutz up the filter faster.
make sure all the vents and fans are cleaned and able to circulate at 100%

copyman
Normal. Never met one that wasn't saturated with toner except brand new out of package.

allan
05-08-2019, 10:26 PM
depends on the machines environment and fill rate.
if the coverage is high then the normal toner misting will likely be heavier.
and/or if the consumables are old it will use more toner and shmutz up the filter faster.
make sure all the vents and fans are cleaned and able to circulate at 100%

Well stated.
Just vacuum it and replace when you get a transfer belt kit.
Means its working well and the toner in the filter does not end up in the engine.

rrrohan
05-09-2019, 12:00 PM
it must depend on the printing because depending on the customer the main colour in the filter changes

tech51
05-09-2019, 09:59 PM
I assess the filters every call and replace as required. As previously stated it very much depends on usage.

We have had issues with blocked ducting causing dev unit failures on the colour versions, particularly the cyan unit.

Since the filters no longer come with the transfer belt kits in my region it’s important to check them regularly.

Custom Search