PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 with Fiery - Default to B/W

Custom Search

blueboy2001
10-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Is there any way I can set this unit to default to B/W or Grayscale printing from both the PCL and PS drivers?

In the driver settings, the default setting for Print Mode is Printer's default, with the option to select that, CMYK or Grayscale. With Printer's default set, we get colour prints when more often than not we don't need it and it's costing us a fortune.

Can I set the Printer's default print mode to Grayscale, and if so, how? I know I can do it on individual workstations in Windows, but I would like to set the default on the printer itself.

strider5555
10-08-2008, 06:51 PM
To set the pcl print driver for the fiery to default to grayscale, right click on the printer icon in printers and faxes. Select printing preferences. Under the Fiery printing tab go to the color tab and where it says print mode, from the drop down menu select grayscale. Click on apply and ok. Now it should always default to grayscale when printing. For the PS driver the steps are the same except there is no drop down menu, just a check box to select. If there are any applications running when you change the preferences, ie Word, you will have to close it and reopen after for the changes to be noticed by the application.

ni311
10-09-2008, 03:53 PM
I know I can do it on individual workstations in Windows, but I would like to set the default on the printer itself.

You missed that part, my friend...

I'm sure you can make the default mode for copying to B/W but I'm not sure if it is possible to set every job the machine is receiving to b/w.

Mr Spock
10-09-2008, 11:41 PM
If the machine is shared via a print server then do the above on the server. If not then start visiting all the work stations.

Custom Search