PDA

View Full Version : C3350 gradation adjutment?

Custom Search

mascan42
05-11-2019, 11:28 PM
Does anyone know if there's a gradation adjustment for this model? I can't find it anywhere in the service mode, and the "gradation adjustment" in the admin mode is a number of values that have to be manually adjusted for each color, which doesn't seem like a real solution. Colors are coming out flat and a bit grainy. Image stabilization doesn't help, and all IUs are fairly new.

blackcat4866
05-12-2019, 12:26 AM
Have you cleaned the laser slit glasses? =^..^=

copyman
05-12-2019, 12:32 AM
I don't recall seeing it. I know this model is a completely different animal than most Kon/Min. Not sure if it was this model that was discussed on this forum as being another OEM and rebranded Kon/Min?

Most smaller models are designed to calibrate automatically (wasting toner every time it calibrates so they can sell more toners, even to low volume accounts!)

By the way don't expect to ever get great quality out of that box, it is "business color" at best.

blackcat4866
05-12-2019, 02:27 AM
By the way don't expect to ever get great quality out of that box, it is "business color" at best.

Yeah, we've got a C3351 at a place that tries to do photo quality, and we're there constantly. "See this fabric? The color is just a little too .... "

=^..^=

mascan42
05-12-2019, 02:23 PM
The thing is, they've also got a C3351 on a different floor - similar engine with a real KM operating system - and it prints much better. Deeper colors, smoother photos. It's a real estate office, so they print lots of photos. It almost looks like the problem you'd get if the print driver quality settings were set incorrectly, but I get it if I print straight from the USB port also.

allan
05-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Yeah, we've got a C3351 at a place that tries to do photo quality, and we're there constantly. "See this fabric? The color is just a little too .... "

=^..^=

Yea its a basic office color machine.
Got a clothing manufacturer that needs to scan and copy fabric all the time for samples and must say the C558 does a real good job of keeping them happy.
As full of nonsense that they can be...

Cantechman
05-17-2019, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know if there's a gradation adjustment for this model? I can't find it anywhere in the service mode, and the "gradation adjustment" in the admin mode is a number of values that have to be manually adjusted for each color, which doesn't seem like a real solution. Colors are coming out flat and a bit grainy. Image stabilization doesn't help, and all IUs are fairly new.

Did you try cleaning the idc sensors? You have to remove the transfer belt to do it. I have seen several color related issues abd cleaning the idc sensors helped quite a bit.

Custom Search