PDA

View Full Version : Konica c364e Scan to SMB not on copier display

Custom Search

linakerd
05-15-2019, 05:15 AM
I have set up scan to file SMB via the web browser. Everything is correct and the you can clearly see it is set up in the web browser .
There is nothing on the display . in direct imput for scan to file (SMB) or the address i set up scan to email address are set up and showing up.

HDD installed
and installed firmware twice just incase it is corrupt.

Im now at as far as i can go with it any help would be grateful

Thank

B0265
05-15-2019, 07:59 AM
Can you set up an scan to SMB entry in the address book from the operation panel?

Bix
05-15-2019, 08:05 AM
Hi, my question may be silly.

Did you check the letter filters? If you do not set "Favorites" they will not appear. You must select the "ABC", "DEF", etc. flags

To be sure, press "All" on the Scan display .

linakerd
05-15-2019, 09:14 AM
You can't see scan to file on the direct entry of the scan section . So you can't as far as can see set up scan to file at the machine.

Yeah the set up address is set as favourite but if you click on the letter it does show the address there .

B0265
05-15-2019, 09:27 AM
Make sure that the SMB client is set to on in the network settings.

linakerd
05-15-2019, 09:57 AM
“All SMB protocol is already ON, such as client setting, smb server settings.

Then, restarted machines few times after turn off and turn on these protocols.

Also, performed firmware twice, disconnected and connected all cables from all boards in the back the machine this didn't resolve the problem.

It seem something has been switched off . I'm guessing a softswitch . As I can't find anything on the machine or web browser

emujo2
05-15-2019, 07:29 PM
If you can see the one touch buttons in the PSWC address book, then you have either adminstrativly disabled smb scanning, or possibly corrupt HDD (this was a common issue on the C3350s). There are restrictions that can be placed though admin settings/restric user access, and under security settings that block direct input of some items. User authentication can also be used to block address book buttons. Any chance that you have this turned on with public user enabled without login? Another thing that is less likely is you enabled then disabled a Vendor mode. There are various settings that do not get automatically reset when this is done. A complete factory reset could bring things back to normal..Is this a recently purchased machine (used)?

techie0419
05-15-2019, 08:16 PM
I seem to recall there's a way to decide which buttons appear on the display, and which don't. There's one machine I have that the address book itself doesn't show up, even though we can add frequently used addresses through PSWC for when they fax or email (yes, they use fax).

I'll have to see if I can remember where to go in order to select which buttons appear on the display...

linakerd
05-15-2019, 10:45 PM
If you can see the one touch buttons in the PSWC address book, then you have either adminstrativly disabled smb scanning, or possibly corrupt HDD (this was a common issue on the C3350s). There are restrictions that can be placed though admin settings/restric user access, and under security settings that block direct input of some items. User authentication can also be used to block address book buttons. Any chance that you have this turned on with public user enabled without login? Another thing that is less likely is you enabled then disabled a Vendor mode. There are various settings that do not get automatically reset when this is done. A complete factory reset could bring things back to normal..Is this a recently purchased machine (used)?

Yes it is I was informed the refurb team had factory rest the machine but . i can always give it a go

Custom Search