PDA

View Full Version : C458 fax issue

Custom Search

darry1322
05-15-2019, 08:53 PM
Here's my issue: when sending a fax the customer enters the fax number from the fax destination entry screen, presses start, and the doc pulls through the adf and the job finishes almost immediately. The job log shows the number dialed but shows as an email job rather than a fax job. Incoming faxes are good. Under Admin mode, fax settings, only #5 Function Settings button is active and under that option only a couple of items ( Function ON/OFF Setting, PC-Fax Permission Setting) are active. So you have very few options for setting fax info.

I've tried: unsetting and resetting the fax. Uninstalling and reinstalling the fax. Updating to latest firmware. Formatting HDD. Replacing the fax board.

Has anyone seen this before? My next steps are factory reset and/or MFP board. It's a managed deployment machine and I hate to start that all over from scratch if it's just some obscure setting that changes the fax operation.

copyrooks
05-15-2019, 09:26 PM
Try turning off the Prefix/suffix setting

Should be
Admin settings
Network Settings page 2
Detail Settings
Prefix/suffix settings

bsm2
05-15-2019, 10:16 PM
Fax set to US setting?
go over the install sheet and recheck settings

darry1322
05-16-2019, 01:46 AM
Fax set to US setting?
go over the install sheet and recheck settings

Checked and rechecked. Thanks.

bsm2
05-16-2019, 02:04 AM
If its sending via email it thinks it's a IFAX internet fax should be a setting for default faxing

In the administrator mode, select [Network] - [Network Fax Setting] - [Network Fax Function Settings], and then set [I-Fax Function Setting] to [ON] (Default: [OFF]).

darry1322
05-16-2019, 02:17 AM
If its sending via email it thinks it's a IFAX internet fax should be a setting for default faxing

In the administrator mode, select [Network] - [Network Fax Setting] - [Network Fax Function Settings], and then set [I-Fax Function Setting] to [ON] (Default: [OFF]).

One thing that worries me is that they said it was also not printing confirmation pages so they looked up instructions for that setting on youtube and tried to set it themselves. Not sure what they may have played around with.

I'll check that setting for I-Fax as well. Thanks.

blackcat4866
05-16-2019, 02:26 AM
I have seen this ... not sure what model. I'll strain my remaining memory cells trying to remember the details. =^..^=

darry1322
05-16-2019, 05:00 PM
Try turning off the Prefix/suffix setting

Should be
Admin settings
Network Settings page 2
Detail Settings
Prefix/suffix settings

These were off but there was another prefix/suffix setting in Service Mode that was turned on. KonicaMinolta helpdesk tech directed me there. When I turned this setting off my issue resolved.

tsbservice
05-16-2019, 05:21 PM
KM has tool to check default Software switch settings or compare them between machines, it may be helpful in such cases.

Custom Search