PDA

View Full Version : KM C1100 BW machine crashes VDP

Custom Search

BOTOY
05-16-2019, 02:24 PM
Hi,

We have to print 1000 sheet size 457x311mm of variable data with variable QR code. black and white printing.

When we start printing, machine print about 20 sheet then stop for few second and we have service code c-c102 or c-4705 (we try many time and we have one from each code).

We make test on our KM C1085 color machine, it work well but as we have to print only black color. this is cost us too much to run it on color machine.

I think machine software is not as stronger as c1085. Because when we print a file of just one page, it work on C1100 BW. But even we use file of 500 sheet and try to print just first page it crashes !!!

Are there any setting to do? may be to make machine print just page per page not all on the same time?
It's urgent because we have 50 files of 1000 sheet (50000 sheet to print on black white machine).
Thanks for your help

tulintron
05-16-2019, 09:54 PM
Hi,

We have to print 1000 sheet size 457x311mm of variable data with variable QR code. black and white printing.

When we start printing, machine print about 20 sheet then stop for few second and we have service code c-c102 or c-4705 (we try many time and we have one from each code).

We make test on our KM C1085 color machine, it work well but as we have to print only black color. this is cost us too much to run it on color machine.

I think machine software is not as stronger as c1085. Because when we print a file of just one page, it work on C1100 BW. But even we use file of 500 sheet and try to print just first page it crashes !!!

Are there any setting to do? may be to make machine print just page per page not all on the same time?
It's urgent because we have 50 files of 1000 sheet (50000 sheet to print on black white machine).
Thanks for your helpGood afternoon. What is the model of your controller and how much of HD and memory?

tulintron
05-16-2019, 09:59 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your helpBoth codes are memory-centric IPB.

Try sending another heavy file to printer and note.

Is the QR code file supported by the controller?

BOTOY
05-17-2019, 02:00 AM
Machine model is KM c1100 pro black machine with standard internal controller.
File size is 92Mo. But each sheet contain 21up card with variable QR code and name.
We try to print another heavy file not contain VDP. It work good.
Also we try a file that contains variable number it also work good.

allan
05-17-2019, 03:48 AM
Cant you run the job to PDF first and then submit to the machine?

methogod
05-17-2019, 05:37 AM
You have the PRO 1100 not the C1100?

how are you creating and sending files? what format?
PPML? PDF? from word (BARF)?

suspect buffering is the issue....

need more info...

we run heavier files then that to the KM 951 and 1052 without issues.... from what you saying...

BOTOY
05-17-2019, 07:33 AM
Yes we have Km pro 1100 machine.
We create pdf file with bartender vdp software.
First we try to print direct from acrobat pdf pro, the machine print just 10 sheet then crashes.
Then we submit file to machine using jobcentro software it take about 15min to rip it. When printing we had about 20 sheet before machine crashes.
We also try to use PDFX or PDFA with no result.
Finally we rasterize all file page and regroup them into pdf file, this process take us about 2h. When print the final file, the same issue.

methogod
05-17-2019, 08:26 AM
i would say bartender is not the right software for VDP, says its for labels. Def not a ideal solutions for 50m variable pages to send as a pdf.

You should be looking at VDP solutions that output PPML. if they support ppml then you know they are indeed going to make compliant files.

if you want to share the project ill setup in fusion and output a ppml file for you. you can test and go from there..

BOTOY
05-17-2019, 09:03 AM
i would say bartender is not the right software for VDP, says its for labels. Def not a ideal solutions for 50m variable pages to send as a pdf.

You should be looking at VDP solutions that output PPML. if they support ppml then you know they are indeed going to make compliant files.

if you want to share the project ill setup in fusion and output a ppml file for you. you can test and go from there..

Thank you methogod for your help, we can't share project because it contain sensitive personal information (for health insurance company) we sign agreement to not share.

Also file work good on our KM C1085 color machine with internal IC602 rip. So i don't think bartender is in fault.

tulintron
05-17-2019, 01:20 PM
Thank you methogod for your help, we can't share project because it contain sensitive personal information (for health insurance company) we sign agreement to not share.

Also file work good on our KM C1085 color machine with internal IC602 rip. So i don't think bartender is in fault.​So I asked about the controller and the type of vdp to be used.

Your issue is incompatibility

Custom Search