PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C308 MAC printing issue

Custom Search

vedder
05-16-2019, 04:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I've got a bit of a head scratcher that I hope someone has come across before and can offer some suggestions.

Installed 2017, on MACs printing fine.

Customer came back after Christmas and all the MACs onsite were unable to print correctly. Specifically double-sided and multiple copies.

Visited site -

- Firmwared to latest version and function version.
- Installed latest driver for the machine on the MACs.

Made no difference.

Sent a single sided job, came out double sided. Sent multiple copies and you get one copy.

Via the copier in user settings, told the machine to treat all jobs single sided. This got a single sided job out but again not multiple copies. Also a problem when they want a double sided job.

Printing direct from a USB stick, it works fine. Double sided, single sided and multiple copies.

I cross-overed a windows laptop and that works fine. to rule out the network I then connected my service laptop to the customers network and printed and it worked fine.

I have gone down the CUPs route for the MACs changing the default setting for the drivers and this has made no difference.

Customer has since got a few new MACs and these are having the same issue.

Any advice is appreciated :)

tsbservice
05-16-2019, 05:09 PM
Does this behavior affects all types of files printing, i.e PDF, Docs, etc ?
Looks like related to OS settings which prevent wasteful printing.

Also go to: http://localhost:631/printers/ enable Web Interface and check from there printer settings.

guitar9199
05-16-2019, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I've got a bit of a head scratcher that I hope someone has come across before and can offer some suggestions.

Installed 2017, on MACs printing fine.

Customer came back after Christmas and all the MACs onsite were unable to print correctly. Specifically double-sided and multiple copies.

Visited site -

- Firmwared to latest version and function version.
- Installed latest driver for the machine on the MACs.

Made no difference.

Sent a single sided job, came out double sided. Sent multiple copies and you get one copy.

Via the copier in user settings, told the machine to treat all jobs single sided. This got a single sided job out but again not multiple copies. Also a problem when they want a double sided job.

Printing direct from a USB stick, it works fine. Double sided, single sided and multiple copies.

I cross-overed a windows laptop and that works fine. to rule out the network I then connected my service laptop to the customers network and printed and it worked fine.

I have gone down the CUPs route for the MACs changing the default setting for the drivers and this has made no difference.

Customer has since got a few new MACs and these are having the same issue.

Any advice is appreciated :)

MAC's are their own little world. You run the installer package for the machine based on your specific OS.... Then you manually INSTALL the printer under Apple>System Preferences as an IP Printer using a "line printer daemon" protocol.... and THEN you launch CUPS to configure the printer's default settings.

Apple's entire mission is to protect end users from themselves....because "They know what's best for us!!"

If it's fighting you, it's likely they're using the wrong MAC OX drivers. Drivers for 10.11 might or might not work on 10.13 or 10.14. Check which version they have, and if it's less than 2-3 months old, it's most definitely the wrong drivers! Copier manufacturers are usually about 2-4 months behind for driver release for new operating systems from Apple. Windows will pre-release their OS for testing by the Nerd Community... Apple doesn't do that.

vedder
05-17-2019, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, its greatly appreciated some bits to look into there, we are predominantly windows people, and everynow and then a mac issue crops up which can cause us issues.

To answer one of the questions it does this from different programs across different macs, word, pdf etc.

Thanks again, will keep you updated on any outcome. 👍

guitar9199
05-17-2019, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, its greatly appreciated some bits to look into there, we are predominantly windows people, and everynow and then a mac issue crops up which can cause us issues.

To answer one of the questions it does this from different programs across different macs, word, pdf etc.

Thanks again, will keep you updated on any outcome. 👍

Apple uses "Preview" as their PDF handler... it works about as well as Microsoft Edge as a PDF handler. I usually recommend the customer download Adobe Reader for Mac. I saw Micro$oft updated their Office for Mac program.... the previous version was 2016, but now there's Office 2019 and Office 365 for Macs as well.

Custom Search