PDA

View Full Version : konica c364enot scanning to smb through bt business router

Custom Search

cooke123
05-17-2019, 02:42 PM
Hi all

my customer has just changed their bt business router and now scan to smb from their konica C364e no longer works but they can print.
The pc holding the shared fsmb folder and the MFD are both connected by network cable through the router. i can ping the MFD from the pc and connect via the web browser however i cannot ping the pc from the MFD. I have logged onto the router and the routers firewall was not set up to block anything.

any ideas out there

cheers Paul

bsm2
05-17-2019, 03:50 PM
Hi all

my customer has just changed their bt business router and now scan to smb from their konica C364e no longer works but they can print.
The pc holding the shared fsmb folder and the MFD are both connected by network cable through the router. i can ping the MFD from the pc and connect via the web browser however i cannot ping the pc from the MFD. I have logged onto the router and the routers firewall was not set up to block anything.

any ideas out there

cheers Paul

Are DNS settings and gateway same?

cooke123
05-17-2019, 04:02 PM
yeah all the same, i tried pinging the ip and the computer name just in case

Synthohol
05-17-2019, 07:08 PM
Make sure port 631 and 465 are open on the router. That would interfere with scanning.

rrrohan
05-18-2019, 01:44 AM
its pretty rare for a router to block internal traffic, normally its WAN traffic thats filtered. if it is blocking it would normally be manually applied by IT. but blocking SMB seems odd. can another PC on network browse the folder thats shared? what SMB version are you using

to test that the PC simply isnt responding to ICMP try pinging it from another PC.

bsm2
05-18-2019, 01:56 AM
Can you ping the router from the copier?
What antivirus is running on PC?

SmellsHot
05-18-2019, 02:38 AM
When the pcs reconnected to the network they had to reselect....public, work, or home. By default some settings such as sharing are disabled. Go to advanced sharing settings and look there

Synthohol
05-18-2019, 04:02 AM
if it worked 100% before the router change, nothing should need to be done with the copier at all afaic.
if a direct laptop or something has no issues it has to be router related.
but for gits and shiggles try putting the copier on DHCP and reboot it.
see if you can have 2 way communication then.
let us know.

Custom Search