PDA

View Full Version : fiery or not fiery - thats the question!

Custom Search

superlas
10-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi,
We're about to buy one c451 and for this printer there is the option of Fiery controller for some 5000 euros extra.
Considering were going to print mainly artwork, photos etc. how useful is fiery compared with standard controller?
Since this is an expensive extra i really need to know if it is a must have or just a little advantage.
Where are it's stong points?
Is print quality really better with fiery or just marginal?
Thanks for any help.

konisolver
10-09-2008, 12:17 AM
If you care about color get the Fiery!!!

superlas
10-09-2008, 01:05 AM
Can you be more specific?
thanks

random
10-09-2008, 06:08 AM
it's a bit like this really. The embedded controller is for business applications. If you have a business and a fiery you would hate the machine just because of the fierys workflow, page printer.

The fiery is very fast and will handle complicated files and has more control over the color. If you don't like the color of the embedded controller there is not to much you can do about it, other than drag some sliders in the print driver.

The fiery can be calibrated so you pretty much know what you print today will look pretty much the same in a month where the embedded controller could swing all over the show and you have no power to correct it.

If you intend on printing emails, pie charts, mail merges don't get a fiery. If you doing lots of artwork or graphics then get a fiery.

ni311
10-10-2008, 04:01 PM
My friend, "the beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
Try to compare a emperon print with a Fiery print. I have customers that use for art and stuff a C550 without Fiery and he is happy with it. On the other hand, even it is not cheap, if you'll use it at its full potential, the Fiery worths the money. It's your choice.

robizhub
10-11-2008, 06:26 AM
Dear friend!
I have to use a c550 machine. With fery or not, the difference is small. Because minolta buid this machine to be an OFFICE machine not an GRAPHICS ONE. MONEY LOST!!!
If you want to make pictures then buy c5500 but is not cheap!:)

superlas
10-12-2008, 12:09 AM
My main concern are color profiles and imposition sw.
I had one xerox dc12 with fiery but no color profiles, so I did color correction on artwork.
I've used fiery color profiles and imposition with our old dc2060.
I guess i can live without and save some bucks...

Thanks for comments.:rolleyes:

ni311
10-12-2008, 10:48 AM
The great thing about the new KM copiers (and c550 is included here) is that it can support color profiles even without fiery, just the standard controller is enough. All you need is the latest driver. I believe I have somewhere the docs, let me know if you're interested.

superlas
10-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi ni311,
Allways interested!
Even without fiery I intent to squeeze printers color ability to its max.
Any tools, techniques and help I can get is appretiated.
Note I don't have it yet thow.

Custom Search