PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C454 and J99-01

Custom Search

richmods
05-20-2019, 08:27 PM
I don't usually ask many questions here but when I do, someone always provides some good info. I have a bizhub C454 that is producing a 99-01 misfeed code on every single job fro the bypass tray. It only jams when using the bypass...trays 1,2 and 3 (pc-410) all work fine. the paper stops in the fuser with 1/3 hanging out of the bottom and a 1/3 sticking out of the top. I have replaced the bypass clutch CL7 as well as M1 and M3 motors. I have also loaded the latest firmware G00-72. I haven't been able to find a lot of info on this code so any info would be appreciated. Thanks

allan
05-20-2019, 08:50 PM
The J99-xx jam codes are classed as engine jams(logical jam). The machine jams because of unexpected timing. Paper not the size the machine is expecting.
Could be as simple as the paper specified and the paper supplied does not match up.

There is a width calibration that needs to be done on the bypass if it is out of wack. It uses the width and checks that against the standard paper sizes to determine the length.
So that means if your paper is of an odd lenght then you need to measure the XY dimensions and setup a custom size.
If you are using standard sizes make sure the machine is set to inch or metric as per your area.

copier tech
05-20-2019, 08:59 PM
Try using SW69 set to HEX 01 uses the driver setting for size.

Or you can use SW145 HEX 02 displays paper mismatch rather than jamming.

richmods
05-20-2019, 09:22 PM
The J99-xx jam codes are classed as engine jams(logical jam). The machine jams because of unexpected timing. Paper not the size the machine is expecting.
Could be as simple as the paper specified and the paper supplied does not match up.

There is a width calibration that needs to be done on the bypass if it is out of wack. It uses the width and checks that against the standard paper sizes to determine the length.
So that means if your paper is of an odd lenght then you need to measure the XY dimensions and setup a custom size.
If you are using standard sizes make sure the machine is set to inch or metric as per your area.

thanks for the reply...I've checked paper settings against paper being used but I have not done any calibrations on the bypass itself so I will give that a try tomorrow.

richmods
05-20-2019, 09:23 PM

thanks for the info...I just read this in another thread...will give it a try when I return.

copyman
05-21-2019, 01:55 AM
If it is stopping in the same "exact" spot every time then agree with the others it might be reading the paper size wrong. You've replaced all relevant parts except you didn't mention any sensors, did you try swapping any of the ones exclusive to the bypass?

richmods
06-03-2019, 09:10 PM

Thank you for this...worked perfectly.

Custom Search