PDA

View Full Version : SMBv2 via C360

Custom Search

Xer0615
05-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Sorry for what seems like a silly question, I've attempted Google'ing the issue as well as searching the forum for relevant keywords but was unable to find anything.

Essentially I am wondering if a firmware update on a Bizhub c360 would allow it to scan-to-drive via SMBv2?

copier tech
05-22-2019, 05:14 PM
Sorry for what seems like a silly question, I've attempted Google'ing the issue as well as searching the forum for relevant keywords but was unable to find anything.

Essentially I am wondering if a firmware update on a Bizhub c360 would allow it to scan-to-drive via SMBv2?

Not supported & no plans to either, sorry.
I use scan to email on all my C220 models, gmail is supported (after fw update)

Xer0615
05-22-2019, 05:19 PM
No need to apologize to me, I was just attempting to answer some questions for a clients' IT manager, who refuses to use SMBv1. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

mincopier
05-22-2019, 11:21 PM
There are good reason to not use SMBv1. Other options would be FTP, most IT do not like this even though it can be secured, or email. Even email on this machine is going to be slim as email security changes. Another option maybe a NAS drive on the network for file. Having SMBv1 on the NAS only, especially if it is Linux based, should keep the risk low. Then if he really wanted to be fancy a script could be setup to automatically move the files from the NAS to the server location in case of a NSA drive crashing. Or get one with multiple drives that mirror so one can be swapped in case of a crash.

rrrohan
05-23-2019, 01:39 AM
Tell your sales team, im sure they would love to leverage off the security flaws of running a old copier when trying to convince a customer to upgrade

Xer0615
05-31-2019, 05:11 PM
There are good reason to not use SMBv1. Other options would be FTP, most IT do not like this even though it can be secured, or email. Even email on this machine is going to be slim as email security changes. Another option maybe a NAS drive on the network for file. Having SMBv1 on the NAS only, especially if it is Linux based, should keep the risk low. Then if he really wanted to be fancy a script could be setup to automatically move the files from the NAS to the server location in case of a NSA drive crashing. Or get one with multiple drives that mirror so one can be swapped in case of a crash.
I am well aware of the rationale behind but using smbv1. As well as the alternatives.

Custom Search