PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous 4702p Service MODE

Custom Search

rashyed
05-24-2019, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I want to know if there is a service mode for 4702p and how to enter to it, I want to disable the image unit from blocking printing when it's reach the 60000 prints.

Thanks

Phil B.
05-25-2019, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I want to know if there is a service mode for 4702p and how to enter to it, I want to disable the image unit from blocking printing when it's reach the 60000 prints.

Thanks

if there is a way it is covered in the service manual

rashyed
05-25-2019, 03:43 PM
if there is a way it is covered in the service manual

thank you for your reply, but the problem is that i don't have the service manual and i can't find it in the internet.

tsbservice
05-25-2019, 05:27 PM
Two things.
More than likely you will have image issues if not replacing IU.
Don't know this exact models, but probably IU life is counted by chip on it.

rashyed
05-25-2019, 05:38 PM
Two things.
More than likely you will have image issues if not replacing IU.
Don't know this exact models, but probably IU life is counted by chip on it.

thank you for you advice, but we just want to test how much more prints we can get from th IU before we get quality issues, because we have already test that with other models and its worked perfectly 2 to 4 times the maximum indicated for the IU, so WHY waste an IU while it's still in good condition ?

(sorry for my english)

Phil B.
05-25-2019, 06:12 PM
thank you for your reply, but the problem is that i don't have the service manual and i can't find it in the internet.If you have the service manual... why search on Net?
Manufacturers will NOT post such info there.. it is meant for qualified trained techs.
A non tech with that info can BRICK a machine in a second ( hell I've seen other techs do it )
And no... if you have SM I will not read it for you and give you the answer

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Phil B.
05-25-2019, 06:24 PM
thank you for you advice, but we just want to test how much more prints we can get from the IU before we get quality issues, because we have already test that with other models and its worked perfectly 2 to 4 times the maximum indicated for the IU, so WHY waste an IU while it's still in good condition ? (sorry for my english)

resetting ANY service part/consumable AFTER it's life ( for another life cycle ) is just asking for more problems down the road. You could have a dev unit arc to the IU damaging the IU. Leaving a fuser past life can cause electrical problems and gear damage ..... not replacing feed tires when needed can cause jams... broken sensors... bent guide plates.

frankly do as you wish... but as a trained tech.. I would advise against it!

rashyed
05-25-2019, 06:31 PM
If you have the service manual... why search on Net?
Manufacturers will NOT post such info there.. it is meant for qualified trained techs.
A non tech with that info can BRICK a machine in a second ( hell I've seen other techs do it )
And no... if you have SM I will not read it for you and give you the answer

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I didn't say I have the SM !!! that's the issue, if I have The SM why i bother to ask in the forum !!?

Thank you anyway for your help

rashyed
05-25-2019, 06:41 PM
resetting ANY service part/consumable AFTER it's life ( for another life cycle ) is just asking for more problems down the road. You could have a dev unit arc to the IU damaging the IU. Leaving a fuser past life can cause electrical problems and gear damage ..... not replacing feed tires when needed can cause jams... broken sensors... bent guide plates.

frankly do as you wish... but as a trained tech.. I would advise against it!

I'm an expert too (11 years working in about 60 printers every day), and let's be honest here, we all agree that the yield of the IU and some other components is just a number the manufacturer put for a lot of reasons in top of them is to sell more ... and as a technician you nedd to know the environment that the printer work on, the conditions, the users manipulations, type of printings .... and then decide how to make maintenance of the printer, what to change and what not ...

In my new situation with the new model of 4702p, I have a very clean work condition with just a few user interaction and small prints coverage, so I asked to test the IU for more than his limit ... that's all

Thanks

tsbservice
05-25-2019, 06:46 PM
thank you for you advice, but we just want to test how much more prints we can get from th IU before we get quality issues, because we have already test that with other models and its worked perfectly 2 to 4 times the maximum indicated for the IU, so WHY waste an IU while it's still in good condition ?

(sorry for my english)

You mean older A3 models. A4 B/W engines are basically Lexmarks and in more A4 models they barely last one cycle of recommendations. In that 4702p printer I think there are no such settings for IU no stop.

Custom Search