PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub Press 1250p can it be make to print checks

Custom Search

Valintine
05-29-2019, 05:11 PM
My main line is Toshiba and I have a customer with a strange question. They have the Bizhub press 1250p and wants to print the checks with the magnetic ink like the 1250p MICP? Is it as easy as replacing the developer and toner or the developing unit. I know it is a strange one but my customer asked and I don't have the answer.

Thanks in advance for any answers
Joe

blackcat4866
05-29-2019, 06:34 PM
I read somewhere recently that MICR toner is available for these machines.

Valintine
05-30-2019, 04:55 PM
Thank you for the reply.

So you think that all I need to do is change the toner no need for a developer or drum change. My customer will be very happy.

Joe

blackcat4866
05-30-2019, 05:05 PM
It'll take a few thousand images for the original toner to be displaced by the MICR toner, but yes just switch over and wait a few days to do checks. =^..^=

Phil B.
05-30-2019, 05:06 PM
Thank you for the reply.

So you think that all I need to do is change the toner no need for a developer or drum change. My customer will be very happy.

Joe

developer change shouldn't be needed.

Valintine
08-26-2019, 03:15 PM
Hello

I was able to get the machine to print the checks and the MICR toner was being recognized. After a large running the machine for a while it started printing a bit of a background. I have spoken to a Konica Minolta service department and they told me t that there was a kit part number 764-002-0731. I have not been able to any other info other than a cost of $30k. Does anyone have additional information on this possible mod?

Thank you in advance

Joe

Custom Search