PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SCX-4521F TX problem

Custom Search

Vlad
10-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I have never seen this before. Trying to fax out it dials the number, the remote machine answers but sending machine goes back to "Ready" state a second later as if it doesn't accept a "handshake". Receives faxes just fine and makes copies from the glass and ADF with no problem. We checked settings and it looks OK. Please help!:confused:

Polo-022
10-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I think it's a modem problem..,take a look for an ISDN modem on customers line and press reset switch!

Vlad
10-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I think it's a modem problem..,take a look for an ISDN modem on customers line and press reset switch!

Where do I find this modem? The fax is connected to the phone jack in the wall.

oldrn
10-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Does it do this on all outgoing faxes or just to one machine?

I went on a similar fax call but at the receiving end. The fax would answer and then hang up. The customer had a Samsung fax. They had turned on the anti-junk fax setting. This limits accepted incoming faxes to those numbers in the receiving faxes rapid dial list. This customer did not have any numbers programmed into the machine's rapid dial list so it hung up once the calling number was determined.

I know technology is changing but I don't think that an ISDN modem would be involved in most fax-to-fax communication. Most stand alone fax machines have their own built in modem. Maybe I am misunderstanding that reply.

Polo-022
10-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I had the same problem with a Samsung SCX-4216.
Use another line for sure...

Vlad
10-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I had the same problem with a Samsung SCX-4216.
Use another line for sure...
Yesterday I tried this machine on the dedicated phone line - same results. It's definitely the modem problem but I couldn't fix it.

RebelPhoenix
10-12-2008, 11:11 PM
I have a 200 item samsung scx-4216 and I don't see the this problem.

bushy
10-13-2008, 03:14 AM
We are a Samsung repair agent and have had 2 of these m/c with faulty modem
You will require a new main board as the modem is integrated into the main board

sorry

bushy:mad:

hana_freak
10-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi!

Try to enter in the "Tech Menu" -- press in sequence: MENU + #1934
Will appear in LCD "T" or "TECH";
Navigate on the sub-menus look for data setup, find the modem speed and lock it in the 9600 bps and make tests.

Antonio

Vlad
10-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi!

Try to enter in the "Tech Menu" -- press in sequence: MENU + #1934
Will appear in LCD "T" or "TECH";
Navigate on the sub-menus look for data setup, find the modem speed and lock it in the 9600 bps and make tests.

Antonio

Thanks to everybody who tried to help. We have been selling and servicing faxes since 1985, when they just came out. We tried all simple things first including using a different dedicated line, phone cords, data settings, etc. We had to isolate all this. It looks like it's the modem part that is malfunctionig although usually it will affect the fax reception as well in some way. The customer's machine is still under warrany though. Thanks again.

Custom Search