PDA

View Full Version : 4 Series not copying after resetting

Custom Search

Taminol
06-02-2019, 10:37 AM
Hi Guys,

Not sure what we have done on this C224e.
Picked it up at end of lease - was working fine, took it back to the shop to clean up and sell secondhand.
We did a resetting procedure issued by KM

1)Initialize Address Books, Network Settings, Job History, Copy Program:Utility – Admin – Security Settings – Security Details – Initialize – (select all) OK – Confirm YES – OK – Turn Power OFF/ON2) Overwrite all data on the HDDUtility – Admin – Security Settings – HDD Settings – Overwrite all data (select mode**) – Delete - Confirm Overwrite - OK

Now the C224e doesn't copy, scan or print.
If you try to copy, it will scan the original in, the memory % goes down to 99 and it just sits there doing nothing!
Before we noticed the issue, we had another Bizhub come back to the shop, this one was a C284e. We did exactly the same reset procedure and now we have 2 coffee tables!
My initial thought is MFP board, but really? We knackered the board with the reset?
But the reset is the only common factor.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Tam

tsbservice
06-02-2019, 11:30 AM
Call service mode and under system 2 check that HDD is installed.

copier tech
06-02-2019, 11:38 AM

Yes this is the cause, after an all clear the HDD will become UNSET, simply choose SET & reboot.

You will also need to reinstall the animation firmware data.

blackcat4866
06-02-2019, 01:21 PM

Exactly this. It happens during your reset procedure. And you'll have to reload Movie Data and any loadable device drivers required. =^..^=

Taminol
06-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Oh wow, all 3 of you guys coming up with the same answer!
Thanks, I shall set the HDD first thing Monday morning.
Cheers :-)

Taminol
06-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Ok, so I'm in the shop this morning and checked if the HDD was set or not, it was displaying as 'installed'.
I uninstalled and then reinstalled, but no change. Still doesn't copy, print or scan.
Have only checked the other machine too, this also displays that the HDD is installed.

Any other ideas....?
It's got to be something we did during the reset..
Cheers

copier addict
06-03-2019, 11:12 AM
Ok, so I'm in the shop this morning and checked if the HDD was set or not, it was displaying as 'installed'.
I uninstalled and then reinstalled, but no change. Still doesn't copy, print or scan.
Have only checked the other machine too, this also displays that the HDD is installed.

Any other ideas....?
It's got to be something we did during the reset..
Cheers

Do the consumables show as passed yield? This can interrupt copying

tsbservice
06-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Do the consumables show as passed yield? This can interrupt copying

Could be. Machines were set to not stop after life end and reset somehow returned settings to STOP?
Check in Service mode - Enhanced security - Life stop settings.

Taminol
06-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Could be. Machines were set to not stop after life end and reset somehow returned settings to STOP?
Check in Service mode - Enhanced security - Life stop settings.

BINGO!
Haha, excellent!
Thank you.
We have now transformed 2 x coffee tables into 2 x MFD's :-)

tsbservice
06-03-2019, 04:52 PM
BINGO!
Haha, excellent!
Thank you.
We have now transformed 2 x coffee tables into 2 x MFD's :-)

Well done.
I got this idea from copier addict, so all credit goes to him.

copier addict
06-03-2019, 08:35 PM
Well done.
I got this idea from copier addict, so all credit goes to him.

I don't do this for the glory, just to help people. Lol :cool:

tsbservice
06-03-2019, 10:00 PM
I don't do this for the glory, just to help people. Lol :cool:

No one tech here is doing it for glory. That job is not for warriors but for real hard workers.
I do appreciate when someone has an idea/knowledge/experience and shares, it gives me more than my thoughts.

jabatt
06-07-2019, 02:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Not sure what we have done on this C224e.
Picked it up at end of lease - was working fine, took it back to the shop to clean up and sell secondhand.
We did a resetting procedure issued by KM

1)Initialize Address Books, Network Settings, Job History, Copy Program:Utility – Admin – Security Settings – Security Details – Initialize – (select all) OK – Confirm YES – OK – Turn Power OFF/ON2) Overwrite all data on the HDDUtility – Admin – Security Settings – HDD Settings – Overwrite all data (select mode**) – Delete - Confirm Overwrite - OK

Now the C224e doesn't copy, scan or print.
If you try to copy, it will scan the original in, the memory % goes down to 99 and it just sits there doing nothing!
Before we noticed the issue, we had another Bizhub come back to the shop, this one was a C284e. We did exactly the same reset procedure and now we have 2 coffee tables!
My initial thought is MFP board, but really? We knackered the board with the reset?
But the reset is the only common factor.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Tam

BHC284e has a reset tool.
BHC284e SSD copy tool available.42777

allan
06-07-2019, 05:35 PM
BHC284e has a reset tool.
BHC284e SSD copy tool available.42777

Hey buddy wrong thread for this.

Taminol
06-14-2019, 01:29 PM
Ok, so I think there could be one more issue that we've managed to inflict on this machine with the reset procedure.
We delivered the machine and was struggling to get scanning set up. So as a failsafe I suggested the client temporarily uses the USB port with a flash drive to get their scans. The C224e borings up the message "this function is currently not available" referring to the external memory. When into admin and ensured that the functions were turned on for scan to USB print from USB. They weren't there!
the admin setting I did was utility /administrator / system settings /user box settings /external memory function settings and there was only one button available in there which was save document and that was switched on.
Has this reset managed to turn another function off somewhere deep inside admin?
Thanks in advance

Custom Search