PDA

View Full Version : c258 has error code CD010 & CD011

Custom Search

stickfly
06-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Hi,
I attended a c258 with error code CD011 & had to switch the HDD off so that the customer could carry on using the machine.
I returned with a new HDD (320G) & replaced the faulty HDD (250G). I then did a logical format & re-booted the machine. When it started up it showed error CD010 so I updated the firmware to the latest ( GC2-W4 ) but I cannot get rid of the code which still shows even when the HDD is switched off.
So now the machine just does not work.
Does anyone have any ideas for when I return in the morning.
Many thanks ........ G

tsbservice
06-02-2019, 05:25 PM
Firstly I would do if possible self-diagnostic:
[Service Mode] -> [State Confirmation] -> [Self-diagnostic] -> [Check All]

escalante
06-02-2019, 07:21 PM
ERROR CODE ISSUSE
1. CD0010/CD0011/CFA14 errores.
They indicate us as reference to the bulletin # 10072

Enviado desde mi SM-J701M mediante Tapatalk

Synthohol
06-02-2019, 07:23 PM
is the sata cable in the right port?
verify the HDD is installed in tech rep then see in state confirmation that it has vacant space.
reformat.
where did the HDD come from? new? used?
also make sure the SATA FW is at ver 4 or higher.

stickfly
06-02-2019, 08:00 PM
ERROR CODE ISSUSE
1. CD0010/CD0011/CFA14 errores.
They indicate us as reference to the bulletin # 10072

Enviado desde mi SM-J701M mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply but I have looked through all the UK bulletins and can find nothing about these error codes.
Regards ..... G

stickfly
06-02-2019, 08:30 PM
is the sata cable in the right port?
verify the HDD is installed in tech rep then see in state confirmation that it has vacant space.
reformat.
where did the HDD come from? new? used?
also make sure the SATA FW is at ver 4 or higher.

Thanks for the reply,
The HDD was new, I did a Logical format after installing.
The firmware is the latestl
Regards ...... G

Synthohol
06-02-2019, 09:32 PM
check the FW version for sata, its on like the 3rd or 4th page.
there is recovery/preventive FW for this issue if the hardware is ok,

blackcat4866
06-03-2019, 12:26 AM
I seem to recall something about corrupt HDD firmware on the "8" series. If you go to the Special Firmware section at KM you'll find recovery firmware. There are two types of firmware for this issue: Preventative and Recovery, you'll want the Recovery.

Don't panic if it doesn't take the first time. The last time I was talking somebody through this it took a dozen tries for the Recovery Firmware to take. =^..^=

REGSIS
06-04-2019, 06:50 AM
Hi,
I attended a c258 with error code CD011 & had to switch the HDD off so that the customer could carry on using the machine.
I returned with a new HDD (320G) & replaced the faulty HDD (250G). I then did a logical format & re-booted the machine. When it started up it showed error CD010 so I updated the firmware to the latest ( GC2-W4 ) but I cannot get rid of the code which still shows even when the HDD is switched off.
So now the machine just does not work.
Does anyone have any ideas for when I return in the morning.
Many thanks ........ G

Before starting, make sure HDD is SET. Call TROUBLE RESET screen (POWER ON + STOP), and press it to reset the code. Then restart and again (POWER ON +STOP) to trouble reset screen. Don't press TROUBLE RESET but call service mode.
First do the Physical format, and after that logical format.
Between two machine may need to be restarted, if so do it again through trouble reset screen to avoid error code.
After logical format it should be fine again.
Is HDD new or used? Either way you should do physical format.

tech51
06-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the reply but I have looked through all the UK bulletins and can find nothing about these error codes.
Regards ..... G

Uk document number. TAGB1600274EN on the European info hub site.

avecosat
06-05-2019, 12:51 PM
In infohub EU get TNEU1600101EN , its the way to reset CD010 , CD011 , CD050 and CFA14

Bix
06-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Is HDD new or used? Either way you should do physical format.

Physical formatting requires several hours

JDR
11-23-2020, 05:05 PM
Just had the same issue.
My C258 has G00-X4 fw and i am pretty sure that sata FW was G00-05.
End user just called me because of CD011 errors were displayed.
After printing data, There's no firmware version with we check the line "SATA Controller".
Replace HDD didnt solve anything...

Any idea other than replace the MFPB ?

CP-1015
11-23-2020, 06:02 PM
Didn't you make a physical format before logical?

copier tech
11-23-2020, 07:49 PM
Just had the same issue.
My C258 has G00-X4 fw and i am pretty sure that sata FW was G00-05.
End user just called me because of CD011 errors were displayed.
After printing data, There's no firmware version with we check the line "SATA Controller".
Replace HDD didnt solve anything...

Any idea other than replace the MFPB ?

I would try the SATA firmware before you start replacing expensive boards.

copyman
11-23-2020, 10:56 PM
Just had C-D010 on a C654e last week I bought from a wholesaler.
Tried 3 different 320GB HDD's finally liked a 250GB I removed from a Biz 552 B&W machine.

Did physical format, then logical. CD010 may still show up after both formats, turn off machine and update again to latest F/W even if already installed. This has worked for me a few times.

Think this happens from the dealer or leasing company wiping the HDD's the wrong way. A good indication on a wholesale machine is when you look in service mode the HDD is "not installed". You know you could be in for some fun:confused:

Bix
11-24-2020, 10:33 AM
I would try the SATA firmware before you start replacing expensive boards.

Hi, if there is a similar procedure for 4e series?
Thanks a lot!

copier tech
11-24-2020, 04:42 PM
Thanks a lot!

No there's not SATA firmware available for the 4e series.

Bix
11-24-2020, 04:47 PM
Thanks! Man, it's a shame to have to replace an entire MFPB if it were to be just a software problem. In my case, it happened after the customer unplugged the power.
Only works properly with HDD removed. I have already replaced with a new, updated firmware etc but it seems unrecoverable.
I hope this technician's C258 is luckier than me.

copier tech
11-24-2020, 04:57 PM
Thanks! Man, it's a shame to have to replace an entire MFPB if it were to be just a software problem. In my case, it happened after the customer unplugged the power.
Only works properly with HDD removed. I have already replaced with a new, updated firmware etc but it seems unrecoverable.
I hope this technician's C258 is luckier than me.

It depends what issue you have with your 4e series, there are other or 'special' firmware releases for this model.

I would explore these before you order a new MFPB.

femaster
11-25-2020, 04:05 AM
Thanks a lot!

It depends on what the issue is. There was a stand alone firmware released for the SSD board in the xx4e and Cxx4e machines way back in the beginning when they were having problems with the boards. It was called the SSD Board Tool, and it would update the firmware to 6.03m, and then test the SSD board to make sure it was OK. That SSD firmware is quite out of date these days. All SSD firmware updates beyond 6.03m are bundled with the base/special firmware, and it is updated along with the rest of the copier.

If your SSD firmware is below 6.03m, you have to use the SSD Board Tool first, or your SSD firmware will not be updated by the standard firmware update bundles. A 6.03m firmware minimum is required before the standard updates can apply a more recent version to the SSD board.

Custom Search