PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica Minolta C454e 30-03 jams

Custom Search

Kenny
06-11-2019, 02:59 PM
Hi guys,

We currently have a Konica C454e at a customers which is getting 30-03 jam codes (jamming in the fusing unit) when printing high quality prints on A4 80gsm, it works absolutely fine when printing normal text documents. At first we believed the issue was down to the paper since it was jamming and had fusing issues, we got them to change the paper and worked!!(tried multiple fusing units as they keep getting damaged from customer removing jams). Came back to the customers today and has done the exact same thing with the paper getting jammed in the fusing unit.

Note: Firmware is all up to date.

Currently using - Premier Elements Earth White A4 80gsm Paper

any help would be appreciated!!!

srvctec
06-11-2019, 03:17 PM
CL8 needs replaced which is the exit drive clutch.

tsbservice
06-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Agree with srvctec.
Use search option, there is how-to pdf file where blackcat4866 explained disassemble.

tech51
06-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Is the paper getting through the fuser or concertina jamming in the rollers?

Kenny
06-12-2019, 08:44 AM
Tech51

no the paper doesn’t get through the fuser

tech51
06-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Do these high quality documents have a high colour content?

If if so I would look at increasing the lead edge blank.

I have had issues with the C454e and heavy colour coverage causing fuser jams and maxing out the lead edge blank helps with this.

Just as an aside though there is a mylar guide just below the tbelt which can get deformed when the belt is replaced. This can catch the paper and prevent it from entering the fuser.

Kenny
06-13-2019, 09:12 AM
Do these high quality documents have a high colour content?

If if so I would look at increasing the lead edge blank.

I have had issues with the C454e and heavy colour coverage causing fuser jams and maxing out the lead edge blank helps with this.

Just as an aside though there is a mylar guide just below the tbelt which can get deformed when the belt is replaced. This can catch the paper and prevent it from entering the fuser.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you recommend to change the Lead edge to? I have never really adjusted this option.

Kenny
06-13-2019, 01:10 PM
Hi guys,

the clutch seems to have stopped the machine from jamming in fuser but there is another issue where the prints don’t look like they have fused correctly. Have replaced the fuser but the issue still persists!!

any ideas?

blackcat4866
06-13-2019, 01:51 PM
What type of media are you using?

fredr
02-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Just reset the printer switch off the printer then hold reset button then switch on the printer to troubleshoot...the machine should be ok

jerry_lam1210
02-23-2024, 09:47 AM

You're so smart !:o:o

Custom Search