PDA

View Full Version : driver favourites + output method

Custom Search

rrrohan
06-15-2019, 03:56 AM
Trying to setup a favourite in driver for secure print.

Am I missing something or can't the driver save the output method?

Synthohol
06-15-2019, 05:16 AM
upper right hand corner is the profile/preset box.
save it as a preset.

beg your pardon, its now called favorites near the top of the "My Tab" tab, set up the job and add one.

srvctec
06-17-2019, 08:07 PM
I just tried saving a favorite on C360 series driver and an 8 series. There is no way to save the output method as part of the info in the favorites. In both cases, the output method did not change to Secure Print, even though I saved a favorite with Secure Print selected. It just goes back to print as the output method. The only way I know of to set Secure Print as your output method is to go into devices and printers, select printing preferences of the desired printer and set secure print to the output method.

It appears that no matter what is chosen as the output method, that setting stays as the output method until changed. I opened and closed the driver window and each time, whatever was last chosen as the output method is what was still there. Choosing a different favorite made no difference in the output method.

Synthohol
06-17-2019, 08:52 PM
create another queue and under advanced, printing defaults select secure print and apply.
now when they want to secure print just use that queue from the dropdown in the app.

allan
06-17-2019, 08:56 PM
Agreed. Just setup another "printer" called by that description and setup the default.

copier addict
06-18-2019, 01:18 PM
Have you ever tried Pagescope Direct Print? It is an app that allows you to simply drag and drop a print job. You can have multiple setups on your desktop.
You can download it from the Pagescope utilities website.

Custom Search