PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C451 - Paper curling

Custom Search

thendral
06-15-2019, 05:15 PM
I have a customer with C451, which is printing and copying good but the output is wavy and some times paper jam.
Checked the registration roller cleaned and Also checked the duplexer, paper dampness etc.
I don't know what I am missing.

Picture here :
https://i.imgur.com/Qj2jmsw.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

thendral
06-15-2019, 05:31 PM
Forgot to mention : I also adjusted the fusing speed to +/-20 to see if that helps but it is not.

blackcat4866
06-15-2019, 05:45 PM
Did you try fresh paper from your own supply? =^..^=

Woxner
06-15-2019, 09:02 PM
how much on the fuser? rollers could be bad. try another fuser

thendral
06-16-2019, 12:28 AM
Did you try fresh paper from your own supply? =^..^=
Thank you for the response blackcat4866.
Yes I tried with different papers. different brand pack etc. What is weird is the same paper prints nice on another older printer.

how much on the fuser? rollers could be bad. try another fuser
Fuser, I tried with another no luck. I also adjusted fuser feed to +20 and -20 no difference.
Rollers I did not change it. It is on order. But I hardly had any roller issues on this models.. This could be one off...
Thank you for quick response.

allan
06-16-2019, 02:16 AM
Its not the speed but the fuser temp.
Would not be that bad if you start with dry paper.
There was an exit cooling fan thing available for that machine.

methogod
06-16-2019, 03:49 AM
does it happen simple as well as duplex? seen that when the duplex is dirty...

thendral
06-16-2019, 04:19 AM
Its not the speed but the fuser temp.
Would not be that bad if you start with dry paper.
There was an exit cooling fan thing available for that machine.

Thanks Allan. Yes I even played with temp settings no luck.
But, I did not check the cooling fan.. Let me check that one Monday and update.

thendral
06-16-2019, 04:20 AM
does it happen simple as well as duplex? seen that when the duplex is dirty...

Thanks Methogod. Yes it happens both so I excluded as the problem with duplexer.

copyman
06-16-2019, 04:31 AM
Unless I missed it you didn't answer the most basic question, did you try bringing a fresh ream of "your" paper onsite to see if this happens? I would put all settings back to factory default and start fresh. Only thing it can be is the paper or fuser. If you stop paper before fuser it will most likely be flat. So logically that leaves fuser or damp paper. You said you tried another fuser so only paper left.

After I posted this I saw you did try other paper. Did you stop paper before fuser to see if wavy?

ncbabak
06-16-2019, 07:32 PM
I have a customer with C451, which is printing and copying good but the output is wavy and some times paper jam.
Checked the registration roller cleaned and Also checked the duplexer, paper dampness etc.
I don't know what I am missing.

Picture here :
https://i.imgur.com/Qj2jmsw.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

Hi
Please check and replace 3 gear above fiusing (Gears of Exit roller) and 2 gear on right door

copyman
06-16-2019, 10:17 PM
Hi
Please check and replace 3 gear above fiusing (Gears of Exit roller) and 2 gear on right door

Good thing to check. Those gears are known to wear. Especially the one exit gear will hollow out in center and gear is flopping around. I've seen some so bad couldn't believe it would even eject the paper.

Terna247
06-17-2019, 01:34 PM
Check the heater roller with the flexible spring, may have had a paper rolled on it, also check the gear clearance at the meshing point with the gear situated at the upper part of door. Thanks.

Custom Search