PDA

View Full Version : Increase PCL driver print speed

Custom Search

Bix
06-17-2019, 04:18 PM
Hello,
It often happens that some office customers complain that the printer is slow.

I've tried so many configurations for the PCL drivers and I've come to a conclusion. With these parameters the printer seems to start printing faster (therefore less time for the first print):

Preferences> Quality> Font type settings: Download fonts to the printer: image. I have also removed "use printer fonts".

Then in Printing Preferences> Finishing> Paper Layout: Productivity Priority.

With these settings, the first print times are halved, maybe even more.

Do you have other tricks? Leave your comments here.

guitar9199
06-17-2019, 05:45 PM
Hello,
It often happens that some office customers complain that the printer is slow.

I've tried so many configurations for the PCL drivers and I've come to a conclusion. With these parameters the printer seems to start printing faster (therefore less time for the first print):

Preferences> Quality> Font type settings: Download fonts to the printer: image. I have also removed "use printer fonts".

Then in Printing Preferences> Finishing> Paper Layout: Productivity Priority.

With these settings, the first print times are halved, maybe even more.

Do you have other tricks? Leave your comments here.

If you're printing a PDF, going into the "Advanced" settings and checking the "Print As Image" box will speed up printing. Instead of having to process the individual layers of a PDF, it flattens them out to one layer and that doesn't take as long to spool before printing.

Another thing to check is make sure in your Printing Preferences, you're set for Single-Sided. Duplex printing will cut your speed in half.

srvctec
06-17-2019, 07:39 PM
I got much of the info in this .pdf I created specifically for making PCL printing go faster and to give to customers to change the settings themselves. See the attached file. The example screenshots are from a C360 driver but there should be very similar settings on all KM bizhub machines. In all the cases where I have changed these settings, it has noticeably increased print speed.

Custom Search