PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C454 Toner issue

Custom Search

positiveg
06-17-2019, 07:44 PM
Hi there guys I live outside the US. By mistake, I've bought the TN514 toner set instead of the 512 toner set I realise the bottles are the same etc
it's just the head of the toner cartridge are different.
Is there anyway of swapping the head and chip around so I'm able to finish the job we are running?

allan
06-17-2019, 08:04 PM
Wish i was living outside of South-Africa by mistake...

You should be able to pop the top off and then just move the unused chip over to the old top. Super glue or something.
The toner is the same stuff.

positiveg
06-17-2019, 08:18 PM

You should be able to pop the top off and then just move the unused chip over to the old top. Super glue or something.

ok great so will take the top off the 512 put it on the 514 but won't been to change the chip then do I?

positiveg
06-17-2019, 08:25 PM

And i've corrected the by mistake part, there was to be a comma there.
English is indeed a funny language
How you doing in Proteas land Sir?
our team WI just as bad as you guys lol

allan
06-17-2019, 08:39 PM
You know the difference between the Proteas and a samosas?

Samosas can give you runs...

Don't think you need the chip, but change them any way to do a "new article detection" to reset the toner level indicator and what ever else.

The chip would be the same. Does the TN-514 toners have chips on them. Cant remember right now?

PS. the Proteas would be better of playing soccer...

copyman
06-17-2019, 10:21 PM
Easier to just cut the fins on the wrong toner so it fits and swap the chip.

positiveg
06-18-2019, 03:07 PM
You know the difference between the Proteas and a samosas?

Samosas can give you runs...

Don't think you need the chip, but change them any way to do a "new article detection" to reset the toner level indicator and what ever else.

The chip would be the same. Does the TN-514 toners have chips on them. Cant remember right now?

PS. the Proteas would be better of playing soccer...

Hey man thanks
yeah I just pried off the covers for the toner did the switch put it in and the machine picked it up as being full.
I didn't have to change the chip. (thought I would cause thought the chip would store the print count) but it's showing up the black as being full and was able to continue printing
Thanks much for the help.
I now have to do it four more times for the MYC that came as part of the pack.

Well i don't want the runs so lol
Seeing England beat the Afghans now.
Will be an interesting WC I think. England should be able to win being the #1 ranked team and all.

hossam
06-18-2019, 09:15 PM

are you kidding? what i'm supposed to say about Egypt?

Custom Search