PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous [Various] multiple authentication units on one machine possible?

Custom Search

jdtm
06-17-2019, 11:13 PM
Just a silly question, but is it possible to utilize two different authentication units on a single bizhub MFP? Currently I am testing to see if I can get both an AU-204H(magstrip) and an AU-205H (HID) to work on the same C458. It would be beneficial to us cause in our case students have magstrip cards and staff have HID cards, and would be nice to let both groups use the same machine. So far my testing has been unfruitful, but I feel like its not that far-fetched of an idea. Can't seem to find any info on doing this. Any ideas/thoughts?

blackcat4866
06-18-2019, 12:14 AM
I think you'd need KM to write you a special firmware for the purpose. =^..^=

Phil B.
06-18-2019, 02:24 AM
I think you'd need KM to write you a special firmware for the purpose. =^..^=

i would think UNLESS it was a LARGE CORP/GOV'T/.EDU with multiple sites and many units requiring this feature .. it would be a loud NO!

emujo2
06-18-2019, 01:20 PM
Well, there are 2 LDD slots available..And Billing mode has 2 authentication device settings..I think you can run 201H and a 205H, or a mag stripe and a card reader at the same time..Although I have never tried to do this...

Custom Search