PDA

View Full Version : Konica 2230

Custom Search

Fierhawk
10-10-2008, 10:23 PM
I was called to work on a Konica 2230 for blank copies. When I got there it wasn't printing blank copies, but instead it put void areas on the copy. Basically the letter paper had the copy print cut off on the top and bottom of the page and the legal had an area of print that was about the size of a statement sized sheet of paper. I replaced the main charge corona unit and the problem went away. I opened the paper tray to check the size adjustments because the paper looked skewed and off centered. Yet when I shut the tray, after finding one of the size fences broken, the copies started coming out as I stated earlier. We shut the copier off and back on and the copier was copying correctly. We had to put a screw back in the toner hopper unit that allows it to swing out so you can get to the drum unit. and after we did this the copier started printing out the bad copies as stated earlier again. So we cleaned the connections on the high voltage power supply board and the paper feed board, and the copier started copying correctly. When we left the copier was working, all I ask is does anybody know what could be causing this problem and am I going in the right direction in fixing it? If not what else can I try? Any help appreciated, thank you.

pepper38_cnd
10-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Look and see if there is paper caught behind the paper drawer effecting the paper size switches.

Fierhawk
10-13-2008, 05:03 PM
The problem I'm having isn't with the paper feed drawers, it's with the copies either coming out blank or coming out as a partial copy. We changed the main charge to fix this problem and cleaned the connections on the high voltage power supply board, and the connections on the paper feed board. It fixed the problem but was wondering if what I did is where the problem lies or is there something else I need to do to fix this problem?
Does any one know where I can get information for this machine? I have Jim Intravias book and a Service manuel downloaded but I here that there is supposedly a cheat sheet for this machine. However I was just wondering if there are any other manuels out there that are good to use for working on the machine? Any help appreciated, thank you.

redime
10-13-2008, 10:51 PM
The problem I'm having isn't with the paper feed drawers, it's with the copies either coming out blank or coming out as a partial copy. We changed the main charge to fix this problem and cleaned the connections on the high voltage power supply board, and the connections on the paper feed board. It fixed the problem but was wondering if what I did is where the problem lies or is there something else I need to do to fix this problem?
Does any one know where I can get information for this machine? I have Jim Intravias book and a Service manuel downloaded but I here that there is supposedly a cheat sheet for this machine. However I was just wondering if there are any other manuels out there that are good to use for working on the machine? Any help appreciated, thank you.

http://www.ogator.com/manuals/AllSolutions/Analog/2230.pdf

Also, for future reference... here is access to all of Konicas All Solutions for each machine

Take a bite out of high priced service (http://solutions.ogator.com/)

carmar67
02-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I was called to work on a Konica 2230 for blank copies. When I got there it wasn't printing blank copies, but instead it put void areas on the copy. Basically the letter paper had the copy print cut off on the top and bottom of the page and the legal had an area of print that was about the size of a statement sized sheet of paper. I replaced the main charge corona unit and the problem went away. I opened the paper tray to check the size adjustments because the paper looked skewed and off centered. Yet when I shut the tray, after finding one of the size fences broken, the copies started coming out as I stated earlier. We shut the copier off and back on and the copier was copying correctly. We had to put a screw back in the toner hopper unit that allows it to swing out so you can get to the drum unit. and after we did this the copier started printing out the bad copies as stated earlier again. So we cleaned the connections on the high voltage power supply board and the paper feed board, and the copier started copying correctly. When we left the copier was working, all I ask is does anybody know what could be causing this problem and am I going in the right direction in fixing it? If not what else can I try? Any help appreciated, thank you.

This is an old post so I am sure the issue was figured out.
But for the record I have worked on 2230's for nearly 10 years and the issue that you are/were having sounds like a bad or dirty front door switch. Or that the front door actuator is not connecting properly with the front door switch. In the latter case, I would try putting pressure on the the left side front panel, i.e., hold it closed firmly with your left hand assuring that the actuator (an "L" shaped piece of metal) engages the front door switch and run a few copies, if the copies STILL came out blank; then it may be that the nodes on the front door switch are full of dirt and need to be cleaned.

ALWAYS CHECK THE FRONT DOOR ACTUATOR TO BE SURE IT IS NOT BENT THUS CAUSING CONNECTION PROBLEMS WITH THE FRONT DOOR SWITCH. SIMPLE FIX IS Bending the actuator to contact the front door switch.

If that is done and still getting blank copies, then it is dirty front door switch.

2 things in the case of a dirty front door switch:

1) Replace the front door switch.
2) Clean the nodes on the front door switch which can be a bit tricky.

To either replace or clean the front door switch:

You first have to power down the copier, remove the front door panel, remove the left topside panel which covers the left side of the platten glass, lift the glass off and slide it to the rear of the copier, remove the two screws on the top ops panel, remove the three screws on the front of the ops panel assembly, gently pull the ops panel towards you. disconnect the connectors which connect the power and meter to the ops panel. flip the ops panel upside down remove the 4 screws which secure the lower ops panel to the top osp panel. Now you can access the front door switch which is held onto the lower panel with two screws and usually a washer each located below the screws on the other side of the metal panel that the front door switch rests on, the switch is connected to the count meter and the power (which is now disconnected) there are two sets of wires one orange and one red, (make sure you remember the red wires connect to the side of the switch that has white writing on it.) disconnect bothe sets and now you should be able to replace the front door switch or clean it. Cleaning requires a few more steps:

To clean the nodes on the front door switch:

after all steps above have been adhered to take a small flat edged screw driver and very gently pry the flat top panel of the front door switch assembly off from the lower half. Before doing this, as you look on the left and right side of the lower assembly of the front door switch you will see there are 2 small squares which are the cutouts that the top part of the switch assembly snaps into. be careful not to break the plastic, it is better to do this when the plastic is somewhat warm and plyable than cold and brittle. if you are successful in removing the top from the lower you will now be able to remove the button assembly, be careful not to loose the two springs that attache to the plastic nipples on the back of the button assembly. Now you are able to clean the 8 small circular metal nodes which a re probably black with dirt. Clean all three with cloth or scotch brite pad soaked with cleaning solution, you will have to press this into the small area with tip of screw driver and then use dry cloth to remove moisture and dirt from nodes.

Reassemble in reverse of these directions, power on the copier and make test copies they should now come out with blanks!!

NOTE:
This is the hard fix and time consuming but those nodes get dirty from arcing and long term use and need to be cleaned when copier starts making blanks. ALWAYS CHECK THE FRONT DOOR ACTUATOR TO BE SURE IT IS NOT BENT THUS CAUSING CONNECTION PROBLEMS WITH THE FRONT DOOR SWITCH. SIMPLE FIX IS Bending the actuator to contact the front door switch.

alicedrakevb
01-31-2022, 08:38 AM
http://www.ogator.com/manuals/AllSolutions/Analog/2230.pdf

Also, for future reference... here is access to all of Konicas All Solutions for each machine

Take a bite out of high priced service (http://solutions.ogator.com/)

This reference is so relevant good share.

Custom Search