PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c3851 prints Red/Blue when using auto color on black and white document

Custom Search

captainrva
06-19-2019, 05:07 PM
When black and white documents are printed using the auto color feature, it used to print greyscale but now this machine is printing a greyscale document with blue on the left and right with red in the middle. If you make a copy from the glass using auto color of a black n white document, it will be fine but when you print the document, this weird color effect happens. Any ideas?

copier tech
06-19-2019, 07:29 PM
What do the gradation test prints in CE mode look like?

What driver are you using?

captainrva
06-19-2019, 07:47 PM
What do the gradation test prints in CE mode look like?

What driver are you using?

The gradation prints said the values were all in range and the driver is PCL 11.1.2.0. I re installed the driver and tested the post script as well.

qbert69
06-19-2019, 08:33 PM
The gradation prints said the values were all in range and the driver is PCL 11.1.2.0. I re installed the driver and tested the post script as well.Check in the model specific driver for this machine to see if there is a sensitivity adjustment for the auto color...come to think of it, that setting might be in pagescope!!! Anyway, the sensitivity will bias it to either be more sensitive to b&w or color![emoji41][emoji1303] In Pagescope, the auto color setting should be under the print section.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Albonline
06-20-2019, 04:47 PM
Check in the model specific driver for this machine to see if there is a sensitivity adjustment for the auto color...come to think of it, that setting might be in pagescope!!! Anyway, the sensitivity will bias it to either be more sensitive to b&w or color![emoji41][emoji1303] In Pagescope, the auto color setting should be under the print section.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

get the driver removal tool from konica website.

allan
06-20-2019, 05:58 PM
The document seem to be scan in color mode so its a color document. The scanner could have been wonky...
If you manual select grey scale from the driver does it print correctly.

blackcat4866
06-20-2019, 06:15 PM
The document seem to be scan in color mode so its a color document. The scanner could have been wonky...

Agreed. Does this affect other documents? =^..^=

Albonline
06-20-2019, 08:51 PM
from what i read here there is a problem printing gray scale docs .copies are fine ,this says rip or driver. driver most likely.

captainrva
06-21-2019, 01:45 PM

The document is a PDF sent to customer and probably was scanned from another machine using full color but when I print it to another machine using auto-color, it prints fine (black and white) but when I print to the C3851, it prints blue and red. Also, if I print in greyscale, it prints in greyscale.

Custom Search