PDA

View Full Version : FS-533 stapler clenched shut

Custom Search

mascan42
06-21-2019, 07:58 PM
I've got a tricky problem with an FS-533 compact finisher. The jaws of the stapler are clenched shut and the stapler is at the back of the finisher. With the stapler clenched shut, the stapler can't move to the front since it hits the paper stoppers. I've tried manually turning the gears on the stapler, but it meets resistance and won't turn all the way. Any idea how I can release the pressure on the stapler jaws so it can be removed?

http://i67.tinypic.com/142y3bd.jpg
*pic is rotated 90 degrees*

blackcat4866
06-21-2019, 08:16 PM
It's difficult enough to manually cycle the stapler through out on a table. I'd venture to say it's impossible in the rear of the finisher.

If I was a fortune teller I'd say: "You've got a major disassembly in you're future." =^..^=

Synaux
06-22-2019, 11:28 PM
Maybe you can get lucky and do a load check in Service Mode, to try to manually make the motors get it un-jammed or to a spot where you can see what is wrong?

mascan42
06-23-2019, 01:55 AM
Maybe you can get lucky and do a load check in Service Mode, to try to manually make the motors get it un-jammed or to a spot where you can see what is wrong?

Unfortunately, there's no load check for that motor.

Bix
06-24-2019, 08:25 AM
Hi, it happened to me too

If you remove the side covers, you can get your hand in some way. In this way you will be able to recover it manually.

mascan42
06-25-2019, 01:17 AM
Hi, it happened to me too

If you remove the side covers, you can get your hand in some way. In this way you will be able to recover it manually.

On an FS-533? There are no side covers, the only thing to the right of the stapler are the entrance guides, and those only come out by removing about 50 other things first.

Bix
06-25-2019, 08:06 AM
On an FS-533? There are no side covers, the only thing to the right of the stapler are the entrance guides, and those only come out by removing about 50 other things first.

Hi, I mean the front cover and rear cover.

In the manuals of the 8 series machines you will find small ideas to disassemble the finisher FS-533

Custom Search