PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350 fell over error C2557 and C5351

Custom Search

Raydicks
06-25-2019, 03:52 PM
I have a client that moved an office from out of the area to here and during the self move they apparently had thie Bizhub 350 fall over

Ive cleared all the other errors that came up, and the massive toner spill however

I'm getting intermittent C5351 errors, ( I may have cleared it after resetting the plug for the fan. I hope to know today.

theC2557 error keeps coming up any suggestions?

Thank you

(i'm sorry if its a stupid question but our Konica MInolta guy had a stroke and i'm having to work on this jobs too

Thanks in advance for everyone help Although I don't post much over the years this forum has been a lifesaver

Ray

Phil B.
06-25-2019, 04:10 PM
I have a client that moved an office from out of the area to here and during the self move they apparently had thie Bizhub 350 fall over
Ive cleared all the other errors that came up, and the massive toner spill however
I'm getting intermittent C5351 errors, ( I may have cleared it after resetting the plug for the fan. I hope to know today.
theC2557 error keeps coming up any suggestions?
Thank you
(i'm sorry if its a stupid question but our Konica MInolta guy had a stroke and i'm having to work on this jobs too
Thanks in advance for everyone help Although I don't post much over the years this forum has been a lifesaver
Ray

sounds like your customer is going to have a large repair bill...

since THEY moved and mucked up the units.. UNLESS they were told to move it .. they should be responsible for the damage.

srvctec
06-25-2019, 05:23 PM

since THEY moved and mucked up the units.. UNLESS they were told to move it .. they should be responsible for the damage.

Agreed and in response to the OP...

The C2557 is probably since the machine fell over, some of the developer most likely spilled, causing the toner/carrier ratio to be out of spec.

darry1322
06-25-2019, 06:44 PM
If it was me : New drum, redevelop, and service toner hopper assembly (solenoids) as a starting point.

Synthohol
06-26-2019, 11:04 PM
if it was me, id have them call their insurance company and toss that dinosaur to the trash and get something from this century ;)
that box is 7 model series behind the times.

Woxner
06-26-2019, 11:19 PM
although support ended two years ago some parts are still avail. start with dev and drum.

scottybbb
06-26-2019, 11:48 PM
You could try running the function F-8 to see if that help's.

allan
06-27-2019, 07:48 AM
So K IU for a start.

Raydicks
06-27-2019, 03:46 PM

I agree but this is a non profit battered womens shelter that has multiple locations, and they don't have a lot of funds typically we only charge them for parts and if its from the bone yard not even that.

I asked if they had insurance however... no its a huge deductible and doesn't cover moves

Raydicks
06-27-2019, 04:07 PM
Well I'm back at the non profit to work on this today, we didn't have the drum in stock but we do have DV310 Developer and TN311 Toner.

I was going to try doing the Service Code F-8 but I can't get into service mode.

I'll Enter Utility Counter - Check Detail - Stop 0 - 0 - Stop 0 - 1 then the default password of 00000000 and the end Icon pops up but will not activate when I press it.

I considered that the screen was the issue but the Check Detail did activate.

I thought I would post here for further ideas. I have reset the cables on the display but not at the point where the ribbon plugs in ( i'm going to see how to get to that connection now and hopefully that might work or I'd get further ideas here.

Thanks again for all of the input you guys are the best.

cseodris
06-28-2019, 04:19 PM
If the machine was making good copies before they moved it I wouldnt think you would need to change the DV Box or the drum. Just dump it and use a new bag of developer. Follow the normal reset procedures before doing it and run f8 after. I have had to change the atdc sensor settings before to make a 350 or DI 3510 work after C2557 errors. Best of luck.

Downunder
07-02-2019, 02:08 AM
The displays were well known for not working due to age. Only fix is to replace display panel complete.
2557 is to do with dev unit and drum.
Depending on quality of drum etc, you can do a trouble reset by pushing little black button on RH side of machine behind small panel which needs to be removed and then follow correct procedure when dot appears on the left hand side of control panel. But doing this is pointless if you cant use the screen.
we can appreciate the sentiment of wanting to do a "good deed", etc but you are only delaying the inevitable. Best bet is to cut the losess and give them a newer second hand machine.

As previous tech mentioned after clearing counters and fitting new dev you will need to run F8. But again you need a working control panel.

Raydicks
07-08-2019, 05:41 PM
The displays were well known for not working due to age. Only fix is to replace display panel complete.
2557 is to do with dev unit and drum.
Depending on quality of drum etc, you can do a trouble reset by pushing little black button on RH side of machine behind small panel which needs to be removed and then follow correct procedure when dot appears on the left hand side of control panel. But doing this is pointless if you cant use the screen.
we can appreciate the sentiment of wanting to do a "good deed", etc but you are only delaying the inevitable. Best bet is to cut the losess and give them a newer second hand machine.

As previous tech mentioned after clearing counters and fitting new dev you will need to run F8. But again you need a working control panel.

Ok so are you saying the Control Panel Touch Screen or the entire control panel with board etc?

If its the control panel with the board does anyone have one in their bone yard?

Thanks Ray

DigiMan
07-08-2019, 08:05 PM
Ok so are you saying the Control Panel Touch Screen or the entire control panel with board etc?

If its the control panel with the board does anyone have one in their bone yard?

Thanks Ray

Dont think i ever changed the entire board,if memory serves it was just the touch panel.

Raydicks
07-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Dont think i ever changed the entire board,if memory serves it was just the touch panel.

ok thank you, I ordered that and I'll replace it and follow back up :)

Cantechman
07-20-2019, 02:37 PM
ok thank you, I ordered that and I'll replace it and follow back up :)

If I recall the touch screen is not the easiest to replace, best to have a camera to take a few pictures to make sure you tuck the wires away ad seat it correctly. the whole panel just takes a minute and would be much easier.

copyman
07-20-2019, 04:02 PM
Aftermarket replacement touch screens work great and only $50. Not hard to replace at all, maybe 15 mins.

If I recall the touch screen is not the easiest to replace, best to have a camera to take a few pictures to make sure you tuck the wires away ad seat it correctly. the whole panel just takes a minute and would be much easier.

Custom Search