PDA

View Full Version : Colour Machines and copy clicks

Custom Search

Outback Tech
06-29-2019, 11:38 PM
Just wondering
With machines in the field how do you set them up for meter plans ?

Defaulted to Auto Colour ?

Or Defaulted to Mono ?

What is the most common way and why ?

Thanks

Dave

blackcat4866
06-30-2019, 01:05 AM
Typically customers prefer copy defaulted to monochrome, print defaulted to monochrome and simplex. MFPs with only a single tray or a single paper size available should be defaulted to "Fit Image" and the one available paper tray.

But ... we do have some customers that choose Auto Color or Full Color as default. We have some customers that still prefer multiple print drivers with different defaults. Each situation is unique. =^..^=

JLSam
06-30-2019, 01:20 AM
Unless the user asks for user authentication, and/ or specifically asks for default BW settings, I always leave things in AUTO.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Hansoon
06-30-2019, 03:12 AM
Monochrome B&W for copying and printing unless the customer specifically asks else. Most of the time - depending on the demands of the customer - I install multiple printer drivers. One for mono, one for color, one for duplexing, one for A3 etc. I hate this stupid clicking around than sending a 100 page printjob to find out later that the settings where not the ones needed.

Installing all this stuff takes a lot of time but this extra service for the customer are we doing as a courtesy and to show the customer that we care.

Hans

Custom Search