PDA

View Full Version : KM 4052

Custom Search

agudmove
07-03-2019, 01:40 PM
Hello, I have a KM 4052 that jams trying to do double sided copying, it's ok on single side. Also, after 3 sheets coming out at normal speed, the whole process slows right down, but will still work, very...……..slowly.
Attached is a list of parts swapped out.
Latest firmware uploaded, GC2-W4.

Bix
07-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Hi, your looks more like a driver problem.

Which file do you print? Did it happen by copying as a scanner?

Here's what I recommend you set in the PCL drivers:
With these parameters the printer seems to start printing faster (therefore less time for the first print):
Preferences> Quality> Font type settings: Download fonts to the printer: image. I have also removed "use printer fonts"
Then in Printing Preferences> Finishing> Paper Layout: Productivity Priority.

cgw71
07-03-2019, 02:12 PM
Hi, your looks more like a driver problem.

Which file do you print? Did it happen by copying as a scanner?

Here's what I recommend you set in the PCL drivers:
With these parameters the printer seems to start printing faster (therefore less time for the first print):
Preferences> Quality> Font type settings: Download fonts to the printer: image. I have also removed "use printer fonts"
Then in Printing Preferences> Finishing> Paper Layout: Productivity Priority.

But he did say copying right? Is this only happening with print jobs or also with copy jobs? Like 1 double-sided sheet original and copying it 50 times.

agudmove
07-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Hello guys thanks for the response, this is when copying.

tsbservice
07-03-2019, 04:26 PM
And you changed all that stuff just because they want to print double sided with this exact machine :D
What's the jam code, does it jams on every one double sided page and where?

cgw71
07-03-2019, 04:29 PM
I think this machine is actually just a rebranded Lexmark. Some of those guys might have a better idea.

agudmove
07-03-2019, 06:00 PM
The problem is that the reverse solenoid doesn't click in at any point to reverse the feed gears.

Custom Search