PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 4050 scanner glass clean

Custom Search

Toxic
07-03-2019, 07:54 PM
I got few used 4050 and almost all have dirty scanner glass bottom side.
Have a quick look at SM and it looks like whole scanner must be removed and still did not find procedure to remove original glass.
Have somebody done this and what steps should i do to do it most simple way?
We are going to lease them,what should i expect,dont have expirience with this little things?

blackcat4866
07-03-2019, 11:22 PM
The short explanation?:

1) Remove everything.
2) Remove scanner
3) Remove DF
4) Turn scanner upside down and remove a lot of screws.
5) Curse like a sailor while separating the two halves of the scanner.

To re-assemble, same steps in reverse.

(Hint: they make it as difficult as possible.) =^..^=

Toxic
07-03-2019, 11:56 PM
I was afraid of answer like this ;)
I am already cursing in advance :(
Damn little things,already dont like this them like 3320,4020...same crap.
Btw tomorrow have to go to do maintenance kit on 4000p, have 1 mil clicks and surprisingly still working.

copyman
07-04-2019, 02:00 AM
Yeah Kon/Min probably looked at these as "throw away" models. By time glass is dirty most people have got rid of them or something else happens to machine and just not worth the repair. And of course if the fuser & expensive consumables all hit at once the end user will see it's cheaper to by a new machine. So this is my theory on why it's so hard to get to optics on the small machines.

Speaking of a lot of screws.....I've cursed at the Jap's many a time taking a 1,000 screws off covers, etc. This is literally one small way the Jap's are "screwing" us for WWII:cool:

Bix
07-04-2019, 09:14 AM
In the bizhub 4052 you can now remove the glass without flipping but ...
I had to replace the scanner because a cable broke. I prayed to all the saints because the screen and many covers had to be removed.

The problem is that both the cables and the covers are very fragile. I had to replace other cables because they were damaged during the repair.

I hope improvements in disassembly in the iSeries.

JALAL
07-04-2019, 09:39 AM
You need just to remove the feeder and it's cable then you can remove the orignal glass.
No need to remove the scanner.

tsbservice
07-04-2019, 10:02 AM
This is design of many many small models of many manufacturers, I guess they wanted scanner as much capsuled as possible.
Some made it, some not.

allan
07-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Reminds me of removing a fuser from a Panasonic DP20.
BTW Konica Minolta did not design that Lexmark POS.

Toxic
07-04-2019, 08:49 PM
You need just to remove the feeder and it's cable then you can remove the orignal glass.
Did you try this?
There must be some screws holding original glass cover and they should be on the bottom side of scanner body i suppose?

JR2ALTA
07-04-2019, 10:42 PM
I googled the model. It looks like (besides the ops panel) like a Lexmark XM3150. The ADF is garbage but other than that it's been a pretty solid printer. Never been in optics. I guess thankfully.

copyman
07-05-2019, 05:36 AM
I googled the model. It looks like (besides the ops panel) like a Lexmark XM3150. The ADF is garbage but other than that it's been a pretty solid printer. Never been in optics. I guess thankfully.

All the ADF's on the small Kon/Min models are junk. C35 & C3350 horrible. What gets me is if they get feedback from the field on how bad a feeder is why would they use same one or same footprint for next model. They had to know the C35 adf was very bad, why in the hell would they ruin the next model C3350/3850 using same feeder! Well I guess same reason they stayed with the ugly footprint of a machine called the Di-5510 all the way to the 751. They stuck with that piece of $hit design for 10+ years!!! That's 10+ years of my life suffering having to work on them!

Sorry to get off subject.

3ktlc
07-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Don't forget they used that piece of crap feeder on the BH 36/42. What a way to ruin a decent machine.

copyman
07-05-2019, 03:54 PM
Don't forget they used that piece of crap feeder on the BH 36/42. What a way to ruin a decent machine.

Forgot about that. You are right that is a decent little machine. I've seen so many of them on the wholesaler's list and couldn't believe many of them had meters 300,000+ !!!! When you see a small machine with a high meter you think it is a fluke, but when you start seeing many of that same model with very high meters you have to realize it has to be the machine is very good! Unfortunately nowadays don't see many small machines lasting more than 100k pages, kinda like an American car, lucky to get 100k miles out of it.

allan
07-05-2019, 04:17 PM

The SSD's on those was enough to ruin it.
Ended up instructing the customer on how to clean the DF feed rollers.
Absolute POS.

jwai
07-21-2021, 10:58 AM

How to do that? please.

Custom Search