PDA

View Full Version : How to dispose of a KM Bizhub C6500?

Custom Search

Splatt
07-10-2019, 10:16 AM
Hi,
It's time to get rid of the Bizhub. The main unit needs work, most consumables are over their 100% and it's throwing an error code on startup. It also has the big feeder, relay unit, folder, booklet maker and stapler/punch finishing units. There is also a spare folding unit for donor parts.
Located in Spain, I have no idea who to approach to take the beast off my hands.
Any ideas what it's worth, if anything, in its current condition?
Thanks in advance,
Steve.

Bix
07-10-2019, 10:35 AM
You could take it to the car demolition
I think they will ask you for 100-200 euros

allan
07-10-2019, 01:43 PM
I strip them and scrap them and sell the stepper motors.
Except the frame, it makes a real nice cart with a work top.

Here in ZA you just leave it out in the street and an hour later its gone...

raplma
07-10-2019, 01:50 PM
That's a very good question, and one I've wondered about myself, there must be some place that these old machines go to die, as it were.
If you were in the UK I'd be interested in some of the finishing units as I'm after a FD-503 or GP-501 to see if they'd fit on our old c7000 it has the SD501 and FS521, just could do with the punch and folder.
In the UK older machines like these do come up on eBay and tend to sell for around £1000-£1500.
What we do with our machines when they come to end of life is strip them down to their screws, always an interesting exercise, as we have a number of machines we keep the useful bits as parts and get the rest of it recycled.

Splatt
07-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the replies so far, well, most of them.
Raplma, where are you in the UK? I know a guy who is frequently going backwards and forwards, maybe we could work something out. What would the finishing units be worth to you?

Seems like I need to sell the bits off and weigh in the rest for scrap.

thuo
07-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Hi,
It's time to get rid of the Bizhub. The main unit needs work, most consumables are over their 100% and it's throwing an error code on startup. It also has the big feeder, relay unit, folder, booklet maker and stapler/punch finishing units. There is also a spare folding unit for donor parts.
Located in Spain, I have no idea who to approach to take the beast off my hands.
Any ideas what it's worth, if anything, in its current condition?
Thanks in advance,
Steve.

Interested in. Relay unit

blackcat4866
07-11-2019, 01:44 AM
That's a very good question, and one I've wondered about myself, there must be some place that these old machines go to die, as it were.
If you were in the UK I'd be interested in some of the finishing units as I'm after a FD-503 or GP-501 to see if they'd fit on our old c7000 it has the SD501 and FS521, just could do with the punch and folder.
In the UK older machines like these do come up on eBay and tend to sell for around £1000-£1500.
What we do with our machines when they come to end of life is strip them down to their screws, always an interesting exercise, as we have a number of machines we keep the useful bits as parts and get the rest of it recycled.

That would make a very nice work cart if you just shortened the height a little, and gave it a top. =^..^=

raplma
07-11-2019, 09:09 AM
That would make a very nice work cart if you just shortened the height a little, and gave it a top. =^..^=

Now that's an idea, in fact that's inspiring, there'll be another one up for stripping later this year, I have a coffee table thought coming to mind....
The bases make very good paper and equipment trolleys, as they're designed to take some amount of weight, although four KM Bizhub c451 bases have a less salubrious role in the factory as shelves :cool:

Sorry for the poor pics the camera on my phone is knackered, the locomotive looking thing is a 5inch gauge petrol hydraulic locomotive, yup we're not just in the print industry, and we service and repair any garden machinery...

3ktlc
07-11-2019, 03:54 PM
We put them out by the alley and scrappers get them within the hour.

Custom Search