PDA

View Full Version : IC-408 Fiery, Shutsdown with copier

Custom Search

ipicopier
07-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Hi,

We have a IC-408 Fiery and had to reinstall the software, now when we shutdown the copier, the fiery starts a shutdown process. See attached picture on what i get on the Fiery.

Any know how to disable this feature.
Thanks,
Rak

Synthohol
07-10-2019, 10:09 PM
have you tried to plug the fiery into an outlet instead of the copier connector?

ipicopier
07-10-2019, 10:54 PM
Yes it is connected to an outlet not to the machine.

Toxic
07-10-2019, 11:40 PM
I have few of this on the field and 1-2 are doing same thing,when main body shut down fiery also shutdown itself.
Never figure out why is that happens on that 2 machines, not botehered me too much.only little anoying if you do fast off/on on the main body, must wait do fiery boot up.
On machines where it does not shutdown fiery, after system reinstall nothing changed so i assume its some settings on main body to send shutdown command to fiery.

tulintron
07-11-2019, 12:56 PM
Just as our friend Toxic quoted.

The shutdown command comes from the printer when power off button is triggered.

I do not remember well, but it does have a Fiery OS that keeps on, even with the main body off. But I come with another question:

How would you turn off the Fiery with the body turned off?

OS Templates:

System Konica and System Ikon
Versoes 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 / 2.0 including the patch package.

Good luck.

raplma
07-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Of our four machines, two have integrated EFI fiery's and two have the external fiery's
With the two external Fiery's if we turn the fiery on first the print machine automatically boots up after a few moments which we like. Shutting down is separate on both machine and Fiery.
With the two integrated EFI Fiery's, we turn the fiery and their respective machine on manually and turn the fiery's off via the Controller menu's on the printer as some olde tech years ago said don't just press and hold the 'on' button to turn the fiery off (like you can on any PC) as they tend to fudge up their software more easily. Never had a fiery shutdown automatically with either a press or bizhub, would be quite helpful on the office c454e as they never shut the fiery off at the weekends.

qbert69
07-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Hi,

We have a IC-408 Fiery and had to reinstall the software, now when we shutdown the copier, the fiery starts a shutdown process. See attached picture on what i get on the Fiery.

Any know how to disable this feature.
Thanks,
RakIs the SNMP protocol on the copy machine sending the signal to the Fiery controller to shut down? Perhaps turn off SNMP protocol an see how the Fiery responds!!![emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Custom Search