PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C6500

Custom Search

knightfall
10-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I just came back from training on the Konica Minolta C6500, the engine based on the C500 and incorporate 1050 peripherial. Has anyone been trained, used or work on them, I just wanted to know what you think of the equipment and your thoughts of its life expectancy as a color copier.

Dark Matter
10-08-2006, 03:14 AM
We just had one installed in our demoroom but I havent had a chance to play with it yet, it is huge like several families could live in there huge haha. I let you know when I get a chance to make copies.

CMB
10-08-2006, 12:16 PM
gotta co worker going to atlanta in a week or so for the training. when i was there a couple weeks ago for c-450 training they had just got one set up. we were told we were the first ones to see it. who knows.

where did you go for training?

knightfall
10-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I went to Winsor lock for training, I was a bit disapointed on the color output as it was designed for business color since this was based on C500 color engine other than that its a great production copier.

texchar555
10-27-2007, 05:24 AM
well no school but plenty of training. Ive set up 8 so far and out of the eight I may have 3 of them needing image control board. we must of got the newer ones becouse they fell under the the serial numbers that needs the new memory board and update to 27. I got three of them running about 80 to 100 thousand a week. Carry your pm kits 100k and 200k pm kits with ya , your gonna need it.

random
10-31-2007, 06:09 AM
I am surprised someone says they are disappointed with the output as it is a major step up from the c500. Most of customers are blown away by the output. We had dramas with the first few but I guess that is the same for any new machine but now they easily blow the doors off a xerox 5000 and as for the C1....

Bizhub
11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Does the machine work ok until the service intervals or does it need the pm's doing early like on the C500's ?

How long does the fuser belt last?

Is this machine going to last better than the C500's

Let me know please

Bizhub

random
11-02-2007, 08:16 AM
the service cycle is thankfully nothing like the c500. We have found that we replace parts as they go rather than all at the same time (parts generally go to life IF the customer keeps the machine ruuning). Down time is about 30 min's rather than the hours it used to take. No Decurler YAY! Corona's come complete as for the fuser few dramas to start with but now we know the tricks they will go beyond life.

If you have lots of these to look after you should have spare fuser and transfer unit so you can service it off site if you have a time critical customer.

This is a great machine.

Livebychance
12-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Awesome machine.

Generally 350k for PM's

Fusers have lasted 1 million impressions with just the pressure roller
being replaced, except those fuser gears that break.(see below)

Fixing drive Assembly ----------A03UR79300
Fix gear green -----------------A03U808200
Fixing gear white---------------A03U808300
Fixing gear white one way-------A03U808400

joxandro
02-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi to everybody from Italy, i was very glad to know about this web site, very interesting!!

Talking about the C6500, I've installed 3 of them and never had problems, my costumers are happy and the machine is quite relaiable for their works..

Now, I'm having a problem with another 2 of them, that I recently installed in my demoroom... with the both sides regolation for the duplex:

All of you certanly know about the test sheet with 4 crosses on the 2 sides of the print and the user tool for the matching of the 2 sides...

Well, I misure them, on an A3 100 gr/m2 paper, I insert the values of X and Y for the 4 crosses, but for the point 3 and 4, in the Y direction, the machine is not able to match them and I always have a 2 millimiters' gap... even If I insert a bigger value (like 8 mm) they don't move over!!!

I tried everything: firmwares (ver. 10, 20, 25, 26, 27 and 30), I performed all the regulations form the Field Service Manual (FD, CD, Skew, Edge adjustments...) and they are OK, I changed System Control Board, Printer Control Board and Memory Board... I tried doing the same without the HD option... and all of that I did step by step and using every paper tray... on 2 different machines... the newer is ZERO copies old!!

It doesn't work!!!

But It works perfectly on the 3 costumers' machines... do you have any experience of that? Please Help me...

thanks!! Alessandro.

random
02-23-2008, 09:37 AM
I have seen this. This probably will not help you but when I have struck this hitting reset for the adjustments and trying again usually fixes it. Also putting values in the tray centering and restart timing seems to have an effect on the accuracy of this adjustment.

So adjust the tray within spec in service mode and then attempt the user adjustment.

Something to be aware of, this adjustment is pretty much useless if the customer is running high coverage as the page will shrink 1~2mm after the first side.

twinax
02-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Hello everybody,

The C6500 is a very good machines we have here more than 85 engines who's working very well with all kind of supplies (untill 300gr coated) our Volume max a mounth is 280k, produced without problem.
At this moment Konica has some problem with the PGC sensor and in some case the print quality is not on top.

About the registration problem mentionned by the Italian guy, the registration should be perfect and stable, the main adjustement need to be in service mode with 100gr paper. After that this kind of adjustement should be done by the user by creating a new support into paper bibliothek not in paper tray section.

Just for information, I don't work for Konica-Minolta.

I hope to be useful,
kind regards.

Livebychance
02-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Joxandro, does the machine have a LCT?
If it does, try your adjustment out of another tray.
The LCT has a skew sensor which has caused unusually problems in the past.

joxandro
02-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks for all suggestions...

...as I mentioned, I tried with all the paper trays, I did all the regulations from the service manual in the Rep. Tec. mode.. and all I did was using 100 gr paper...

But it didn't change... today I'm gonna try it on one of my costumers' machine, and see what happens...

Another strange thing is when I print the LEDGE EDGE REGISTRATION TEST, pattern n° 16, in the Rep. Tec. mode... the test is blank!!!...

I'll give you news... thanks for now!

twinax
02-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi,

The test is blank because the YMCK value in test page are at 0 or near to zero. try with test at 255 for K.

Print also in color mode.

Avoid all values at 255, for CMY, because the lines on test are not clear to adjust.

did you get an error code ? about jamming

Haroldbfix
02-27-2008, 02:05 AM
I agree, I prefer the C6500 over the C500. THe PB-501 looks a bit over the top, but so far so good.
Keep an eye on the exit actuator (65AA51311)it wears around 600K. The sympton is jamming at the decurler area (j75-40) when running 11X17. 81/2 X 11 wont jam as often as the larger sizes. The machine will display a jam from the PF-601 which can be misleading. But the true jam can be observed by printing out the jam list.

Chaser
03-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Try this. :cool:
Reset all your Chart Adj. to zero. Make sure your paper feed guides (tray 4 & 5) are physically centered. Watch for faulty centering sensor, unplug if neccessary.
Enter service mode and adjust all paper trays for Centering and RestartTiming both sides as close as you can.
Then enter chart adjustment and you should get it almost spot on.
Good luck. :)

Custom Search