PDA

View Full Version : C3350 Scanner Unit -> C35

Custom Search

Gift
07-12-2019, 08:16 AM
Hi guys,

have anyone tried to put a C3350 scanner on a C35 - I barely recall that it is possible even if the C35 uses a cathode lamp and the C3350 LED.
I still have a C35 with service contract that shows scanner lock error but the belt isn't the reason, I have plenty 2nd hand C3350 with higher meter readings in stock I can use as
donors, that's why I'm asking^^

cheers

Synthohol
07-12-2019, 01:10 PM
try A121-23G0- 0403-00 firmware.

Problem
"Check Scanner Lock Lever" error message. Trouble code (Service Call) 6793 may also be indicated.

Solution
CAUSE: Failed Scanner motor (M101).

SOLUTION: Reboot the printer to see if the error returns. If so, perform the following in the listed order, checking after each step for any error message or code.
1. Clean original glass.
2. Check scanner flat cables (CN102 and CN103) on the MFPB for proper connection. If either cable is "turned over" (bent/crimped) on the terminal of the cable, correct the turned over portion. If the terminal portion of the cable(s) cannot be repaired, replace the scanner (Optical Unit - p/n A121 2601 01).

3. Ensure all covers are closed and run the Component Check for M101.
a. Access the Service Mode.
b. Touch [Function] g [Comp. Check].
c. Touch the key referring to the electrical component to be checked. ("Check FB Motor" for M101)
d. Select [Execute], and touch [OK]. The corresponding component starts to operate.
e. If the component is one which can be stopped during its operation, press [Stop] to stop the operation.
4. If M101 does not operate, replace the Optical Unit which includes M101. There is no unique part number for just the motor.

Gift
07-17-2019, 03:50 PM
Story ended up that most likely the MFP board is faulty.

Scanner motor won't turn on C35 but does if we put the allegedly faulty scanner on a C3350. Swapping the functional 3350 scanner on C35 and the motor won't turn again. Both flatbet cables end up on mfp board wich we won't buy since the customer is going to buy a new MFP (yay^^).

Custom Search