PDA

View Full Version : New Bizhub "i" series

Custom Search

Mitch Barron
07-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Hello everyone.

Happy Friday. Was just wondering what you are all thinking about the new Bizhubs from Kon Min? I have a 300i in the shop right now and was very pleasantly surprised with the new design. I was also very impressed with the implementation of access to the web interface as the system menus.That was a long time wish for me. Does anyone have the procedure for fimware updates? Is there a Service Manual yet for these machines released yet? I think it could be a new favourite of mine if everything keeps going as it has been. Hope you are all well and busy making bank!

Have a great weekend!!

Mitch

Bix
07-12-2019, 04:10 PM
Hi, on infohub is already available the firmware, partlist and the service manual!

Mitch Barron
07-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Hi, on infohub is already available the firmware, partlist and the service manual!

This may sound ridiculous, but what is InfoHub?? Do you mean the Knova portal?

tsbservice
07-12-2019, 04:23 PM
He means European portal, known in USA as mykonicaminolta.com, in Australia may be knova, etc.
At first sight they look decent machines, both Eagle(A3) and Sparrow(A4) models. Fingers crossed, only time will tell if they are successful or not so.

copyrooks
07-12-2019, 06:48 PM
We got a c250i and honestly looks like a glorified c227.

Synthohol
07-12-2019, 10:34 PM
it went the way of the tablet.
no more hard buttons!
WTB is 2 parts now.
classic mode or basic mode.
now menus look like the web page.
fax install same as 4&8
marketplace link cant be removed. (konica knows and is working on a fix)
it will take a bit of re-braining to adapt to the new layout before i can even think about helping other techs or customers!
i just want to see how they run and the quality they are capable of.

mascan42
07-13-2019, 01:10 AM
Surprised to see so many like the new interface. So far, we've found so many bugs that the consensus in my group is they rolled them out before they were ready. And definitely before anybody got any training.

Woxner
07-13-2019, 01:16 AM
there is a button under a small panel on the back of the control panel to load firmware. its used instead of the stop button. hard to say how good they will be . too new tha manual is avaiable on the km site

Shadow
07-13-2019, 03:00 AM
Have a new C250i in the shop at the present time, due out to client next week.
Our SM and I will be doing the web based training as soon as the rest of the machines for the order show up.
Had a sales Rep in the shop today training himself on the operations and features of this new series!!!
Have already downloaded the manuals and started reading through them.
See what they can do with recycled machines now!!!!

Mitch Barron
07-15-2019, 07:14 AM
there is a button under a small panel on the back of the control panel to load firmware. its used instead of the stop button. hard to say how good they will be . too new tha manual is avaiable on the km site

I had found the buttons on the back of the panel, but didn't even think about using it for the update. Did it now, worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip.

Mitch Barron
07-15-2019, 07:18 AM
Surprised to see so many like the new interface. So far, we've found so many bugs that the consensus in my group is they rolled them out before they were ready. And definitely before anybody got any training.

I think you are right. Seems to be a trend. The higher ups are probably pushing to get these machines pushed out to pull in that sweet sweet profit. I can only speak well of KM so I am in hopes that they don't disappoint with these series. All the best.

Mitch Barron
07-15-2019, 07:21 AM
He means European portal, known in USA as mykonicaminolta.com, in Australia may be knova, etc.
At first sight they look decent machines, both Eagle(A3) and Sparrow(A4) models. Fingers crossed, only time will tell if they are successful or not so.

Of course. No wonder I haven't heard of InfoHub. I am in Switzerland and here the KonMin branding is called Develop. I have access through the Develop website. Thanks for reminding me of the obvious. I agree with you. They look like decent machines.

SalesServiceGuy
07-16-2019, 04:54 PM
Any idea what type of Data Encryption, if any, is found on the SSDs in the iSeries?

What is the brand and model # of SDD found in the new iSeries?

Cantechman
07-20-2019, 02:40 PM

I would have preferred you said glorified c224e lol. Not a big fan of those c227s. Are the screens like the 227? I haven't seen one in person yet.

srvctec
07-22-2019, 02:55 PM
I would have preferred you said glorified c224e lol. Not a big fan of those c227s.

Same here.

Are the screens like the 227? I haven't seen one in person yet.

Not at all. They are more like an iPad or similar tablet screen.

Bix
07-23-2019, 08:42 AM
They are like tablets, you can zoom in with your fingers and there is also vibration feedback

rrrohan
07-26-2019, 01:26 AM
I think marketplace button vanishes if you turn off web browser

copytechman
07-29-2019, 08:02 PM
I think marketplace button vanishes if you turn off web browser

Is there a simple/straighforward way of disabling the web browser function? (Not that I have found it directly yet however lol!)

Regards!

A.

rrrohan
07-30-2019, 01:56 AM
Is there a simple/straighforward way of disabling the web browser function? (Not that I have found it directly yet however lol!)

Regards!

A.

Yeah it's under network settings somewhere.

occus
08-08-2019, 12:22 PM

Yes... and the print quality is the same to. Really bad. I always tell the customers we sell the mercedes benz or audi and not a indian tata (cars) so the costs are higher :(

But this is the level of a oki or sharp.

First print from a new unboxed +250i, 2/3/4 print are from the second +250i.
On yellow it is not visible , magenta is middle but cyan is lighter and darker areas and black is totaly poor. The laser-glasses are cleaned.
After initialize and Image Stabilisation 3x grad adjust for 600dpi and 1200dpi and copy it is a bit better. But all contract customers with a +220/+224e would call me for a rep if they see this lines.

Also i can see white spots on prints... but i don' want change the primary transfer value out of the box for a shorter drum life.

My question on other sellers:
1. Are the costs for toner and drums higher to in your countrys? (for a bad quality :confused:)
2. Do you have the same expirience whit this low level maschines?

Thank you for your feedback.

Max
08-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Hi. Is there a way to make a classic screen as default by any chance? (copy) Don't like the basic one at all. Also can't seam to find a way to print a test page as before. Is that no longer possible?
Thank you.

occus
08-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Hi. Is there a way to make a classic screen as default by any chance? (copy) Don't like the basic one at all. Also can't seam to find a way to print a test page as before. Is that no longer possible?
Thank you.

Yes it is... utility\administrator\system settings\ scroll down to def.operation.setting >classic or the new one
In this case the second what i recomand is to change the soft menu buttons on the right side for quick acces copy and scan (help and zoom is not needet but to copy and scan)
And the last is to set the copy screen from basic to quick copy >utility>utility>costumize

copyrooks
08-08-2019, 03:08 PM

Regards!

A.

Answer
The MarketPlace Application can be hidden by preforming the following steps.
1. Select Utiliy
2. Select Administrator Mode
3. Select Network
4. Select IWS Settings
5. Select MarketPlace Settings
6. Select Enable settings (OFF)
Note: The MarketPlace buttons will be hidden in the Basic Style Menu and The Classic Style Menu.

Supposedly turning this off can remedy some issues with the copier unable to boot.

Max
08-09-2019, 08:26 PM
I found the soft keys and replaces them. Thank you for the rest.

1ERIMPRESSIONB
12-05-2019, 02:25 PM
Yes... and the print quality is the same to. Really bad. I always tell the customers we sell the mercedes benz or audi and not a indian tata (cars) so the costs are higher :(

On yellow it is not visible , magenta is middle but cyan is lighter and darker areas and black is totaly poor. The laser-glasses are cleaned.
After initialize and Image Stabilisation 3x grad adjust for 600dpi and 1200dpi and copy it is a bit better. But all contract customers with a +220/+224e would call me for a rep if they see this lines.

Also i can see white spots on prints... but i don' want change the primary transfer value out of the box for a shorter drum life.

1. Are the costs for toner and drums higher to in your countrys? (for a bad quality :confused:)

HELLO ,
i recently receive 10 250i konica minolta and i have the same problem : poor density on the black principally .
have you found any issue ?
thanks

korthr5
12-05-2019, 06:42 PM

Hello

In Portugal yes.

Machine more expensive.
Bad quality and white spots.
More fragil plastics.
And toner, and drum more expensive.

sushil
12-25-2019, 10:41 AM
For Black density switch to following settings
1) 2nd Transfer = -3
2) Fusing transport speed = +15
3) Fusing Temp = +10

occus
12-30-2019, 12:13 PM
HELLO ,
i recently receive 10 250i konica minolta and i have the same problem : poor density on the black principally .
have you found any issue ?
thanks

I have received the information that you have to update to firmware 75 and make the stabilisation and gradation adjust. It is important to make this again after the update.
And yes it seems to me that i have now the print quality of a 258.

occus
01-02-2020, 04:23 PM
GC1-75 is available. Fixes for standby/sleep and bootup time problems.

Bix
01-16-2020, 04:18 PM
Since G00-75, there have been quality corrections. Perform an Image Processing Adjustment and update the drivers.

Although, since the life of the consumables is increased, I imagine why it will use less toner

Bix
02-06-2020, 03:18 PM
Something in quality have decided to change it.
If you want to go back to "Conventional quality", you must set dipswitch 153 to 6. The quality should be very similar to the quality that we have always known. Otherwise it's Color Emphasis (Vivid)

1ERIMPRESSIONB
02-06-2020, 03:39 PM
Something in quality have decided to change it.
If you want to go back to "Conventional quality", you must set dipswitch 153 to 6. The quality should be very similar to the quality that we have always known. Otherwise it's Color Emphasis (Vivid)

hello ,
you talk about software switch ?
Thanks

Bix
02-06-2020, 03:52 PM
hello ,
you talk about software switch ?
Thanks

yes, I talk about software switch CE - System 2 - Software switch

Dip SW 153 bit 6 = 0 (default)

you need to set Dip SW 153 bit 6 = 1

occus
02-13-2020, 04:38 PM

Had anyone seen this on a +250i
Only on the left side there are a unsharp area of the print. You see it only on vertical lines, if you fullfill with text it happen to but almost not recognizable.

I saw this smeared prints on 3 out of the box devices.

With firmware 79 I was brave and reactivated the sleep mode on 4 devices. I was punished and got 4 calls that the device no longer wakes up.
The strange thing was that i got all calls allmost to the same time. On Monday between 11-12 from different customers.

And today i got a call that the display does not response on ready state with normal highlighted copy background. Off/on was the solution and it happened 3 times in 3 days.

jwai
02-13-2020, 04:51 PM
The system on this series still have bug right now......:rolleyes:

Bix
02-13-2020, 04:53 PM
Hi, about the lines, perform an image stabilization. You mean the nuance, right?

I solved the problem of the C250i from deep awakening by setting "Save energy" instead of "Turn off secondary power". In addition, I have disabled all weekly timers (check all the way, there are many options).

However there is a report from KM "Known problem but still with little information to solve it". I advise you to take the list output and send it to KM for analysis.

occus
02-13-2020, 05:09 PM
Hi, about the lines, perform an image stabilization. You mean the nuance, right?

Image stabilization does not help for this problem. You see right on the picture a full pattern black with value 160. There is a line, swap the drum and the dv does not help.

progoffice
02-24-2020, 03:52 PM
We haven't started selling these "i" series machines yet, but I was wondering how they compare to the series before them? For years we've pushed Konica Minolta color because they were reliable and the color quality was really good. For those that are already selling/servicing them, can this still be said for the new "i" series?

Bix
02-24-2020, 03:57 PM
I tell you the sincere truth: I was very skeptical about the first iSeries that I installed. But like any new product, it is normal that at the beginning it has some problems. Now several months have passed since the launch. My customers and I are satisfied with the quality of these new MFPs. Excellent results are obtained with the recent firmware update.

In addition, Konica Minolta has launched new finishers and additional trayers.

zimonr6
02-24-2020, 05:09 PM
yes, I talk about software switch CE - System 2 - Software switch

Dip SW 153 bit 6 = 0 (default)

you need to set Dip SW 153 bit 6 = 1

Thank you for your tip. I tried your fix but my black half-tone is not the same as the 8 series.
Just to be sure, SW 153 = bit 01000000 / HEX = 40 ?

srvctec
02-27-2020, 09:42 PM
Just got an email from KM that a new F/W G00-7B is out as of yesterday and it's a "Highly recommended" version. Fixes 6 issues.

Bix
02-27-2020, 10:09 PM
For the moment Europa is at a standstill G00-79
Out of curiosity, is G00-7B always Version 2.0?

srvctec
02-27-2020, 10:20 PM
For the moment Europa is at a standstill G00-79
Out of curiosity, is G00-7B always Version 2.0?

Yes, it's still F/V 2.0 but maintenance release 3.

copier tech
02-27-2020, 10:57 PM
Just got an email from KM that a new F/W G00-7B is out as of yesterday and it's a "Highly recommended" version. Fixes 6 issues.

Lots of bug fixes I agree well worth it.

tsbservice
02-28-2020, 04:58 PM
Lol, they KM prepare new FWs faster than I can update even our office machine(which has every single new one base installed in a blink).
There're many FW versions that fix like arround and even more than hundred issues. This G00-7B fixes only 6 issues, I'm not excited.

Bix
02-28-2020, 06:06 PM
With WWRSPF, updating iSeries is not a problem now. Now you can launch the update from the CSRC dashboard and the printer updates at night. In addition, it also has a buffering that in the event of an unexpected event, there is no risk of corruption. :cool::cool::cool:

rrrohan
02-28-2020, 11:17 PM
Is that like ISW?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Bix
03-01-2020, 07:35 PM
yes, but no intervention is required. You proceed with the update from your office

Luka
01-25-2023, 10:23 AM
Thank you for your tip. I tried your fix but my black half-tone is not the same as the 8 series.
Just to be sure, SW 153 = bit 01000000 / HEX = 40 ?

i think its hex 20 ?
someone pls confirm

and
01-25-2023, 11:10 AM
i think its hex 20 ?
someone pls confirm

Dip SW 153 bit 6 = 1
Hex 40.

Custom Search