PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C280 for Parts

Custom Search

skukan
07-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Hi. I have an older Konica Minolta Bizhub C280 and I am looking for some relatively odd parts for this machine. I recently had it moved into a basement space and the movers damaged some of the machine, including cracking the platen glass. I am also looking for a front door, bottom drawer and a few other parts. I am wondering if anyone has access to this machine that these parts could be scrapped from? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thought I would give this a try before having the machine moved out of the space and having to pay for that removal and then disposal of the machine. Thanks, Scott.

copyman
07-12-2019, 09:55 PM
I have the glass (same as BizHub 223). Getting a C280 trade in next week that I was going to part out. As long as customer don't change their mind and want to keep it as a backup.

skukan
07-12-2019, 10:03 PM
That would be great. Could you keep me posted? Looks like I am going to be looking for some other parts as well. I am going to try and connect the machine to see if it is even usable at this point. From what I can tell only some exterior plastic parts were damaged and the platen glass.

copyman
07-13-2019, 12:03 AM
yeah. definitely fire it up and see if it will print the internal test pages. might want to clean it good if toner spilled inside when moved? If pages print good than should be all cosmetic parts needed. Maybe some minor parts, feed rollers, etc

skukan
07-13-2019, 12:27 AM
This might be more work than I think. When I fired it up I got an error code, C-2253. I checked all of the drums, took them out and tested to make sure they were turning and put them back in. I also tried the "Trouble Reset" and am still getting the same error code. Ughh. I might be barking up the wrong tree here unless you have any thoughts?

Woxner
07-13-2019, 01:25 AM
could be main motor or this
Problem
Various error codes, such as C2152, C2253, C3201 and C5102 may be indicated as the MFP begins to run through stabilization. All the errors are drive motor related.

Solution
CAUSE: The MFP power supply is failing.
SOLUTION: Replace the power supply (p/n A0ED M400 03).

copyman
07-13-2019, 02:01 AM
Could be bad but most likely not. Unless of course you take rear covers off and see damage. Not that hard to swing rear cage out and look at the drive motors, etc. If machine got tilted on one end all the developer could all be on one end binding up, or something else is binding up after the move.

skukan
07-14-2019, 11:04 PM
I think I have isolated the problem, but again my fear is that this is going to be more work than what it is worse. I am doing all of this work as a board member for the Evangelical and Reformed Historical Society. We are a very small nonprofit organization and do not have the funds to do this type of work. So, I've taken it upon myself to try and make something happen. Anyhow, I've taken your advice and I swung out the rear cages. The only thing I can see (or think of) is a motor in the center near the top. I have it circled in a picture but am unable to upload it for some reason. When the machine starts up, this part begins to make noise. When the machine is off and unplugged I also tried to turn this part by hand and it sounds and feels as though it is scratching and is a bit tough to turn. All of the others turn very freely. Could this be what's causing the problem? Again, I worry that if this part is replaced it will just continue to be something else. Also, how much would a part like this cost?

As you can see I am not a copier technician. I do have some experience in these areas but I am by no means an expert. I do appreciate all of your time, help and support. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again. Scott

copyman
07-15-2019, 03:16 AM
Well first off thanks for your honesty. Do you know the history of the machine? Was it working where it came from? That would help a lot to know.

FYI, many of the motors cannot be turned easily when installed.

You are going to need to take drums and dev units out, then shake dev units side to side keeping horizontal to level out the developer powder inside units. With these out would be a good time to inspect inside cavity with flashlight, vacuum any spilled developer if necessary from the "rough" move.

Also another thing came to mind, did you pull the transfer belt and turn big white gear by hand to make sure belt moves freely? Perhaps the blade flipped or machine sat for a long time and blade stuck to belt. Just a thought.....

skukan
07-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Thank you. I do know the history of the machine and it did come to me in working order. The only thing I needed was a new drum and a new transfer belt. I primarily use the middle school for scanning and saving to a USB stick. However, all of these other part needs to be working in order to enable the machine. I’m very comfortable taking out the drums, the waste toner box and the toner cartridges. I believe the developer unit is above the drums and connected with screws. That’s also the part with the hose
looking pieces with the toner inside correct? Thanks.

copyman
07-15-2019, 05:12 PM
The developer units are below the drums, 2 screws and 1 connector each unit. Do you have the service manual? Should be able to find it for free online. The transfer belt is also easy to remove. Step by step instructions in service manual.

Custom Search