PDA

View Full Version : KM bizhub C224e blank print/copy

Custom Search

tsbservice
07-16-2019, 08:46 AM
This machine has over million prints, all consumables are changed as per service recommendations. There is magnetic brush on K dev unit.
Blank copies/prints are ONLY in black mode. I mean only K is missing. Read about HVT failure when ALL 4 colors are missing.
I'm going to open PWB box to see if the Developing solenoid (SD4) is stuck(machine is in dirty environment) and K developer unit drive. Next maybe PH unit but I doubt about it gone bad.
Any other ideas Ladies and Gents?
TIA

Toxic
07-16-2019, 10:31 AM
Good plan, i would do the same.
I assume you check/replace drum first.

tsbservice
07-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Yeah, drum was first. Ended up with cleaning Developing solenoid (SD4) and taping it with piece of scotch - to prevent sticking.
No more blank K prints since then. I will order SD4 (A161M20300 Flapper solenoid) and replace it just in case.
Thanks for replying Toxic.

srvctec
07-17-2019, 04:57 PM
Yeah, drum was first. Ended up with cleaning Developing solenoid (SD4) and taping it with piece of scotch - to prevent sticking.
No more blank K prints since then. I will order SD4 (A161M20300 Flapper solenoid) and replace it just in case.
Thanks for replying Toxic.

I didn't even know there was a solenoid for that. WTH were the engineers thinking on that one!!? One of the main failure points of copiers/printers is solenoids (more so) and clutches. If you have access to mykonicaminolta.com, you should submit that for one of the solutions (didn't see it listed yet).

Custom Search