PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C654e device error

Custom Search

drew007
07-16-2019, 05:04 PM
Hi all
don't normally deal with konica's. but...
I've got 2 c654e's with papercut, which both show a message saying that there's a device error either no paper or a paper jam each time a user tries to login.
It gives no specific information about where the paper jam is. There is paper in each cassette and the paper empty lights work when I take the paper out of the cassette.
I can print out the counter page and log into service mode and print out test pages from there. So I don't think there is a jam.
I can't see any recent errors in log.
I've tried updating the firmware.
I've tried switching off and opening all the doors and closing one at a time.

Has anyone encountered this before ? Does anyone have a solution ?

Thanks

tech51
07-16-2019, 05:11 PM
Good news there’s nothing wrong with your copiers.

Bad news it’s a papercut issue but I can’t remember exactly what it was when I encountered it.

I would suggest removing and re deploying Papercut and seeing if that cures it.

emujo2
07-16-2019, 06:57 PM
One thing you can try...ErrorPollMethod=snmp option can be enabled, as found in the [app-path]\providers\print\win\print-provider.conf..This changes the way the printer status is reported. Also you want to ensure your print drivers match the function version on the MFP..This alone can cause issues. And of course, your follow print queue should be on a NULL LPT or loopback address..This keeps real printer errors from pulling down your entire secure release features. E

HuronMan
07-16-2019, 08:50 PM
It's probably a consumable has reached end of life. If you don't have a login for Papercut, touch the menu button. You should see a exclamation icon in the upper right. Touch that and it should tell you what's going on. It's usually the toner filter or the transfer roller is indicated. Go into service mode and reset the counter.

tsbservice
07-16-2019, 09:05 PM
It's probably a consumable has reached end of life. If you don't have a login for Papercut, touch the menu button. You should see a exclamation icon in the upper right. Touch that and it should tell you what's going on. It's usually the toner filter or the transfer roller is indicated. Go into service mode and reset the counter.

What paper empty or paper jam messages have to do with consumables EOL?
It's either one of Papercut vs machine version/FW bug or SNMP/drivers issue as previous techs stated.

emujo2
07-16-2019, 09:49 PM
It can be any SNMP message being sent by the MFP..If the printer is not ready due to a end of life consumable, out of toner...It can knock the print queue off line. E

drew007
07-17-2019, 06:28 AM
I did order some ozone filters for the two devices, a couple of weeks back. Been on holiday since and those calls are gone off my clip so someone must have fitted them and not reset the counters.
I'll give that ago before tackling Papercut.
Thanks everyone.

Custom Search