PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C3070L fusing belt problem

Custom Search

Aleksandar KM
07-17-2019, 05:09 PM
Hi guys,

I have a problem with NEW konica minolta C3070L.
After 1 month from installation (50K copies) the machine tears the fusing belt.
I chacked the entire installation manuel again for not missing something and everything is ok.
I replace it with new fusing belt after 4 days the same.
I took a new fusing unit put it and after 1 week...
And it tears it from the back side of fusing unit.

Did anyone see something like this?
any help?

DigiMan
07-17-2019, 05:23 PM
Hello!
Its a known problem with some of the first models of the series,you need to apply a certain spacer below the lower fusing belt
from the side thats it tearing to solve your problem,dont have the part no available at the moment but i can have it tommorow if you can wait.

Dont worry its nothing difficult to apply just dont replace another belt until then :P

Edit:Scratch that found the number 9981001296 though i dont have at the moment pictures on how to apply.I'l definitely have these tomorrow!

Aleksandar KM
07-17-2019, 05:41 PM
Hello!
Its a known problem with some of the first models of the series,you need to apply a certain spacer below the lower fusing belt
from the side thats it tearing to solve your problem,dont have the part no available at the moment but i can have it tommorow if you can wait.

Dont worry its nothing difficult to apply just dont replace another belt until then :P

Edit:Scratch that found the number 9981001296 though i dont have at the moment pictures on how to apply.I'l definitely have these tomorrow!

hahah Ok i will not install anotherone ;)
I can wait np thanks for the ansswer.

blackcat4866
07-18-2019, 12:19 AM
I guess we just got lucky. I've never seen that on a bizhub. Clearly the belt is tracking to the rear until it catches and rips. I'll be interested in seeing the documentation. =^..^=

Toxic
07-18-2019, 12:55 AM
That is strange if occurs again and you replaced whole fuser unit before,not just belt...
You should double check installation procedure,maybe you miss something and repeat same error.

kenpio
07-18-2019, 12:59 AM
Had a C1070 that did that after about 200k. The problem was that I did not take out one of the packing screws out. Would check to see if the fuser separates easily by turning to motor on the fuser. Watch the gap and see if it is even. That is my two cents!

KEN

Aleksandar KM
07-18-2019, 09:28 AM
I already checked installation procedure (but i will do that again) thats why i don't know what to try anymore.
It's strange.

\
That is strange if occurs again and you replaced whole fuser unit before,not just belt...
You should double check installation procedure,maybe you miss something and repeat same error.

DigiMan
07-18-2019, 11:50 AM
Alexandar check your PM's.
By the way did your new fusing unit had a big black dot besides its serial number?Supposedly the new units that the coutermeasure is applied to have one.

Cheers

Aleksandar KM
07-18-2019, 02:05 PM
I don't know i took a fuser from another new machine. So u think that can have the same problem?

Alexandar check your PM's.
By the way did your new fusing unit had a big black dot besides its serial number?Supposedly the new units that the coutermeasure is applied to have one.

Cheers

DigiMan
07-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Maybe,to be sure you can remove the lower fusing roller and check for the spacer if its there.
Honestly try the countermeasure its not a big deal,its cheap its easy to install.
Frankly im pretty sure the problem origins from the soft roller(the pink one)from the fusing belt assy.
In any case try the countermeasure and let us know how it fairs.

Aleksandar KM
07-18-2019, 03:01 PM
I will remove lw fusing roller and check for the spacer now anyway.
If there is not spacer i will install it tomorrow i let u know what happens.

Maybe,to be sure you can remove the lower fusing roller and check for the spacer if its there.
Honestly try the countermeasure its not a big deal,its cheap its easy to install.
Frankly im pretty sure the problem origins from the soft roller(the pink one)from the fusing belt assy.

DigiMan
07-18-2019, 06:17 PM
I will remove lw fusing roller and check for the spacer now anyway.
If there is not spacer i will install it tomorrow i let u know what happens.

Tommorow?Did you order it and got it so soon?Dont try any funny business and put something similar in there!

Aleksandar KM
07-19-2019, 10:45 AM
There is not spacers on both fusers i chacked so ...
Yes i order it through DHL but they will come in monday so i must waith till then ...

Thank you all for the help i will tell you in monday what happend. :o

Kind regards

Tommorow?Did you order it and got it so soon?Dont try any funny business and put something similar in there!

Aleksandar KM
08-17-2019, 12:20 PM
Hello everyone,

The spacers solved the problem.

I waited some day to make sure it was ok that's why i didn't write immediately.

Thank you very much DigiMan for all the help. :D

Kind Regards

tsbservice
08-17-2019, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone,

Kind Regards

I want to congratulate you and also admit that kind of attitude. Brilliant feedback.

blackcat4866
08-17-2019, 05:10 PM
Congratulations on your success! =^..^=

Phil B.
08-17-2019, 06:35 PM
it took some time ( as the really stumpper ones do )

but congrats on the success ... you'll never forget this one I'm sure!

Aleksandar KM
08-19-2019, 01:51 PM
Thank you i will surely never forget it ;)
And again thank you all for the support and help.
Cheers :)

khaled_mohamed
08-20-2019, 03:25 PM
Please we need photo to locate where this spacer
thanks in advance.

Hello!

DigiMan
08-30-2019, 09:08 PM
Hello everyone,

Kind Regards

Sorry took so long to respond was away on leave for the summer!

Glad to hear it Alex and thanks for letting everyone know of the results!

Phil B.
08-30-2019, 10:00 PM
Please we need photo to locate where this spacer
thanks in advance.

IT MIGHT HELP IF YOU -=READ=- ALL COMMENTS IN A THREAD BEFORE ASKING AN ALREADY ANSWERED QUESTION!!!

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DigiMan http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/140538-c3070l-fusing-belt-problem-post785601.html#post785601)

IF Digiman said " lower fusing roller and check for the spacer if its there. " WHERE would one suppose the spacers would be? :rolleyes::confused:

Rolandito
08-31-2019, 04:30 AM
I found this.
Maybe It can help to someone, who is in need

srvctec
10-01-2019, 02:56 PM
My service manager and I are trying to find a bulletin or any info on this issue as we just had a C3070 in the field with less than 200K do this same thing. I haven't been onsite yet but wanted to try and find out what the bulletin is if there is one of if this spacer thing was just what someone figured out to remedy the issue.

Yes, Phil B. I did see where it says remove the lower roller to check for the spacers but I have no clue what they look like to determine if they are there.

tsbservice
10-01-2019, 04:03 PM
My service manager and I are trying to find a bulletin or any info on this issue as we just had a C3070 in the field with less than 200K do this same thing. I haven't been onsite yet but wanted to try and find out what the bulletin is if there is one of if this spacer thing was just what someone figured out to remedy the issue.

Yes, Phil B. I did see where it says remove the lower roller to check for the spacers but I have no clue what they look like to determine if they are there.

Check KB for KBA00041506. There's no spacers but screw to be addressed.

srvctec
10-01-2019, 07:44 PM
I found this.
Maybe It can help to someone, who is in need

Check KB for KBA00041506. There's no spacers but screw to be addressed.

Ah, OK. I was just going by the posts that kept mentioning spacers. Thanks to the pdf in the post by Rolandito above mine, I was able to see what the issue was and the front shoulder screw was loose to the point of partially out about a turn, causing the issue with a gap in the frames (rear one was just not very tight but no gap in the frames). Replaced the belt and made sure to get both the front and rear screws very tight and centered in the holes so the issue hopefully won't happen again. This one had 229K on it. Can't believe it went that far before having an issue unless the screws just worked their way loose.

DigiMan
10-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Although i have encountered the issue with the screw,two times that happened the machine popped fuser code(dont remember which one).
THe spacer that i talked about is small like the spacers we used to put on the paper cassetes on the ol 250's to help them close properly.
If you ever had a fuser from a production machine dissasembled(the lower fusing roller)you can immediately recognize the spacer if it is there.
Its right below the right or left bearing.If not just order it,a chewing gum probably costs more.

Hope this helps further.

srvctec
10-11-2019, 08:53 PM
Although i have encountered the issue with the screw,two times that happened the machine popped fuser code(dont remember which one).
THe spacer that i talked about is small like the spacers we used to put on the paper cassetes on the ol 250's to help them close properly.
If you ever had a fuser from a production machine dissasembled(the lower fusing roller)you can immediately recognize the spacer if it is there.
Its right below the right or left bearing.If not just order it,a chewing gum probably costs more.

Hope this helps further.

Thanks for the reply. Are you in Europe or somewhere other than the US? I ask because my service manager searched quite extensively without luck, trying to find the part number you have listed in the second post of this thread (9981001296). No way to order it unless the number has changed or something. I even searched through the 32 KMBS Price Lists (all the parts available to order) I have dating back to 2002 (in case it was an old part repurposed) and the part number isn't in any of them either.

tsbservice
12-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Just FYI.
A newly designed fusing roller/1 (p/n A9VE720111) is being released to resolve the issue with tracking of the fuser belt.
Be aware that if the machine has a new style fusing roller/1 the spacer must be removed.

kandod
12-21-2019, 09:30 PM

Hope this helps further.

Interestingly you keep mentioning that spacer, can you give some info on how to accuire one of theese, because no trace of it in the net.

srvctec
12-21-2019, 10:34 PM
Interestingly you keep mentioning that spacer, can you give some info on how to accuire one of theese, because no trace of it in the net.Yeah, the part number given in this thread isn't even close to what it actually is here in the US, anyway. There was a technical bulletin that came out on Nov. 4th, 2019, bulletin# 11810 with all the correct info and exactly how to test for the issue to see if you even need the spacer. The spacer is FOC. This is also the bulletin that mentions the new roller.

kandod
12-22-2019, 12:36 AM
There was a technical bulletin that came out on Nov. 4th, 2019, bulletin# 11810 with all the correct info and exactly how to test for the issue to see if you even need the spacer. The spacer is FOC. This is also the bulletin that mentions the new roller.

Can you please give me info or quote here the procedure to check for the issue. I dont have access to konica service site, and really would like to know how to avoid belt replacement on a low counter but 2017 produced AccurioPrint 2060l.

tsbservice
03-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Just FYI:
A newly designed fusing roller/1 (p/n A9VE720300) has been released.
Check tech bulletin for judgement if machine needs new one.

khattab.al.masry
03-02-2020, 07:21 AM
IT MIGHT HELP IF YOU -=READ=- ALL COMMENTS IN A THREAD BEFORE ASKING AN ALREADY ANSWERED QUESTION!!!

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DigiMan http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/140538-c3070l-fusing-belt-problem-post785601.html#post785601)

IF Digiman said " lower fusing roller and check for the spacer if its there. " WHERE would one suppose the spacers would be? :rolleyes::confused:
THANK YOU MR:REPUTATION

khattab.al.masry
03-05-2020, 06:48 AM
where are you Mr: Reputation?​

Jayson
04-19-2020, 04:20 AM
Hi all ,
After replace with new fusing roller/1 (p/n A9VE720300), the fusing belt still shift to maintenance side ..any advice ?thank you

blackcat4866
04-19-2020, 03:20 PM
Have you looked at any of the previous posts in this thread? =^..^=

Jayson
04-19-2020, 03:56 PM
Yes , because this new fusing roller/1 (p/n A9VE720300)without spacer is solve the fusing belt shifting .So mean this new fusing roller also cant work ! Need to put back the spacer ?

blackcat4866
04-19-2020, 05:11 PM
Yes, re-install the spacer. =^..^=

Custom Search