PDA

View Full Version : Minolta c451 with fs 608 finisher

Custom Search

printlessguy
07-19-2019, 09:33 PM
ok this has me a bit confused and it has a few issues . and now for the tale of Jed Clampett. have a minolta c451 with a fs 608 finisher. the 2 issues are a c-1106 Stapler movement drive failure. and a weird bi fold issue. was testing this machine after it was a traded in with 176000 copies on it. it was jamming in the finisher from another tech trying to fold tabloid size paper in it. told the tech to go away when he said it was a board or motor issue when I found the paper jam he couldnt find. remove the jam and it starts passing paper. start testing hole punch all is good. start with trifold. life is good but now the fun begins. try bifold on letter size paper and we get this. see pic. a bi tri fold.
figured try one more thing bifold with center staple. it stapled in the middle fine 2 pages thick. then jammed in the bottom of the finisher near the lower output bi tri folded. when removed the jam now have a c1106 error. when bypassing the error. it will pass paper and trifold the paper. but the bi tri fold still happens on bifold copies.blown out all dust, cleaned rollers. looked for broken sensors, loose conectors, paper bits. nothing i can see. and yes I havent worked on this before and I now reside in the land of the lost.
thanks for any ideas.
Andy

printlessguy
07-19-2019, 09:43 PM
ok stupid fix for the c1106. turning off with power switch did nothing. unplugging the machine cleared the 1106

but the bi tri fold issues still remains

copyman
07-19-2019, 11:52 PM
That finisher wasn't great to begin with. The other finisher for that machine wasn't too bad (FS-519).
As for your problem it could be so many different things with everything that goes on when operating. Just my opinion but when a customer has an "end of life" machine like the C451 (end of life status, 9/17) and finisher acts up I don't even attempt to repair it, I tell the customer since they don't want to upgrade then the finisher has to be removed. Mostly because of Kon/Min deeming it end of life no parts are available. I also give them a copy of the Kon/Min end of life report showing their model #.

Sorry I couldn't of been more help.

Best of luck

printlessguy
07-21-2019, 12:48 PM
Hey that info is help. tho my boss will still want to fix the finisher and get the package sold.....

copyman
07-21-2019, 01:15 PM
Ask boss why he is selling a machine that he won't even be able to get parts for? Not fair to whoever he is selling machine to. All I can tell you and your boss is remove that finisher or you will regret it.

printlessguy
07-22-2019, 03:05 AM
thank you for your thoughts and will let the boss know
:)

Custom Search