PDA

View Full Version : Canon mx490 service manual

Custom Search

j2shortt
07-22-2019, 10:43 PM
hey all. so im a copier technician and a relatively new one at that. i mainly work on HP's, Brother, Ricoh, and Kyocera. i have a canon mx490 at home and was curious to what i can do with the service mode. unfortunately, i cannot seem to acquire a SM for this machine through my work channels. any guidance to where i can find one? my machine is beyond the warranty period and i have a plethora of machines i can bring home and have for personal use so turning it into a big ol paperweight isnt a concern. i understand that the SM may need to be acquired by certified canon techs only so your welcome to PM me the info to keep yourself out of the companies targets for policy violations. I know this may be crossing the line a bit, but im eager to learn some of the canon's ways by tinkering on my own. i can order all the parts i would ever need through my work, so some preventive maintenance will be where ill likely take this machine, so i have a hands on learning experience. anyways i apologize if this is against any forum rules or "ethically" wrong in the industry. TiA

Phil B.
07-22-2019, 11:21 PM
ok y'all IF I had the manual..I don't.

Can someone please help this fellow tech out with his dilemma?

teckat
07-23-2019, 03:12 PM
hey all. so im a copier technician and a relatively new one at that. i mainly work on HP's, Brother, Ricoh, and Kyocera. i have a canon mx490 at home and was curious to what i can do with the service mode. unfortunately, i cannot seem to acquire a SM for this machine through my work channels. any guidance to where i can find one? my machine is beyond the warranty period and i have a plethora of machines i can bring home and have for personal use so turning it into a big ol paperweight isnt a concern. i understand that the SM may need to be acquired by certified canon techs only so your welcome to PM me the info to keep yourself out of the companies targets for policy violations. I know this may be crossing the line a bit, but im eager to learn some of the canon's ways by tinkering on my own. i can order all the parts i would ever need through my work, so some preventive maintenance will be where ill likely take this machine, so i have a hands on learning experience. anyways i apologize if this is against any forum rules or "ethically" wrong in the industry. TiA
Not a service manual/ be can help ---1004 Pages

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300017729/01/MX490ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V01.pdf (http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300017729/01/MX490ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V01.pdf)

Canon MX490 Series Online Manual

Custom Search