PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica C258 Color drum conversion

Custom Search

scanmc
07-24-2019, 05:06 PM
Yesterday I tried to convert a C258 K drum unit into a color unit via the drum reset chip and removing the small plastic plastic piece that stops the unit from sliding in all the way in the color slots.
All went well the counter reset and I thought to myself boy that was easy until I printed out some test prints and the yellow unit that I replaced prints very faint. So I throw the old unit back in and color returns to normal. Looking at the drums they look identical but not sure if its a physical difference (drive coupler) or what. Any help would be appreciated as we all know using the K drums saves big bucks.

copier tech
07-24-2019, 07:12 PM
I’ve also tried this no good! Apparently you also need to swap over the front & rear parts of the image unit looks like to much hassle so I don't bother.

scanmc
07-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Bummer. Yep that's what I thought was going on.

Thanks for the input.

kingarthur
07-25-2019, 08:26 AM
it's a 5 minute job, swap over the front black piece, the one that the blue part is screwed onto, swap the chip and remove the black tab on the side...well worth it

Max
07-29-2019, 10:40 PM
C.Q is stil rubbish even after replacing the front bracket. I never managed to get a reasonable copy. I have a feeling it's the drum diameter ever so slightly smaller or perhaps different chemistry. I tried putting a b/w drum only in to original colour casing and it still didn't work.

Custom Search